PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law ranked as second best cornerback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to Pro Football Weekly, Ty Law is ranked as the second best cornerback in the NFL.
I doubt if that helps his arguement for big money from a team this year but it was interesting to see him ranked that high.

Have we signed him yet?:D

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
According to Pro Football Weekly, Ty Law is ranked as the second best cornerback in the NLF.

I doubt if that helps his arguement for big money from a team this year but it was interesting to see him ranked that high.

Have we signed him yet?:D
Thats absurd. 2nd? No way.

Besides Ty Law is all but signed with the Chiefs.

PATSNUTme said:
According to Pro Football Weekly, Ty Law is ranked as the second best cornerback in the NLF.

Have we signed him yet?

He may be the 2nd best corner in the NLF, but I don't know about the NFL!

Last edited:
pats1 said:
He may be the 2nd best corner in the NLF, but I don't know about the NFL!

It's good to see that the English Teachers are still working on a holiday.:p

SeanBruschi54 said:
Thats absurd. 2nd? No way.

Besides Ty Law is all but signed with the Chiefs.

He was all but signed with the Chiefs last season before he signed with the JETS.

According to NFL Total Access last night Ty has narrowed his choices down to KC, TENN (lol) and NE. KC is believed to have the inside track, because of Herm the hugger, but since they have yet to offer him any deal and we reportedly have, I kinda doubt it. Ty is a one track kinda guy. $$$.

I hope we sign him as it strengthens our secondary and leaves KC's weak as ever. We could always let them have Warfield back. That way Hobbs would be free to push someone elses butt through camp. :D

Gotta love the fact that Ty Law has 'narrowed' his choices to the only teams remotely interested in him at the moment. The Poston magic mystery tour continues.....

Who was the first ranked? Bailey?

CheerforTom said:
Who was the first ranked? Bailey?

Correct! Samuels was not ranked. Hobbs was on this list of "veteran prospects".:eek:

Based on the credibility of this list so far, I'm going to guess that Duane Starks is the #3 CB on their list. Am I right or am I right?

drpatriot said:
Based on the credibility of this list so far, I'm going to guess that Duane Starks is the #3 CB on their list. Am I right or am I right?

Wrong- Ken Lucas.

But, Ty Poole did get a mention. "Past his prime".

Like it or not Ty is ranked in the top 3-4 corners by pretty much all the evaluators this season. Now 2005 wasn't pretty, and it didn't add much to the JETS season, but even in rehab Ty can still play and while he is on the other side of 30, which certainly limits his upside, he's still one of the best starting CB's in the league based on talent AND experience. He may have even lost a step, but that only really matters if you are smart enough to be heading in the right direction to begin with. ;)

MoLewisrocks said:
Like it or not Ty is ranked in the top 3-4 corners by pretty much all the evaluators this season. Now 2005 wasn't pretty, and it didn't add much to the JETS season, but even in rehab Ty can still play and while he is on the other side of 30, which certainly limits his upside, he's still one of the best starting CB's in the league based on talent AND experience. He may have even lost a step, but that only really matters if you are smart enough to be heading in the right direction to begin with. ;)

Agreed. I think the guy is a jerk and an idiot and I can't stand his agents and the way they lie about offers - and the way Ty called BB a liar

And all that said I'd still love to have him back on our team (for the right price of course).

I'm a bit concerned about that "lost step" in the Pats zone system - I think Ty got as many INTs last season because he gambled - and won - quite often. (I also hope that his injury was the reason he had so many penalties.)

In the Pats system he'd be required to play a bit more conservative, at which point that lost step could become more relevant, as he'd have less time to make his move

But if it becomes a significant problem maybe he can swap positions with Wilson or become a Safety of the future... even right now I'd like to have some quality depth at that position in the off chance that Rodney doesn't come back full speed or has another injury

Bad news for Branch

Dion got the ranking of 28th WR. He did get a "u' which means he has an upside.

Do you think that his agent or the Patriots will take these rankings in account when they are talking contract extension?:p

Yes, the general consensus is the Ty Law is one of the top 3-4 corners. It is only on patriot boards do you find that he is washed up or mediocre. This shouldn't surprise. Many patriot fans think that of all ex-patriots. After all, bb and pioli would have found a way to keep any top player.

MoLewisrocks said:

you mean 2nd best at Pass interference...right?

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Dion got the ranking of 28th WR. He did get a "u' which means he has an upside.

Do you think that his agent or the Patriots will take these rankings in account when they are talking contract extension?:p

If Deion's agent tries to mention such a rating to Pioli, i'm confident that he'll hear a loud guffaw.
If we posters deride the lack of judgment of pundits ... what do y's'pose
people who draw a paycheck
for appraising football talent think of them?

flutie2phelan said:
If Deion's agent tries to mention such a rating to Pioli, i'm confident that he'll hear a loud guffaw.
If we posters deride the lack of judgment of pundits ... what do y's'pose
people who draw a paycheck
for appraising football talent think of them?

Of coarse I was kidding about this rating effecting the contract situation.

But, myself and others have said that Dion is about the 20th #1 WR in the NFL. Reggie Wayne got paid a lot and could be a top #1 if they didn't have Harrison. Wayne had more yeards than Harrison last year.

I think most off us agree that Givens got overpaid by Tenn. I really hope that they can come to an agreement soon.

Ty to KC?

I'm reading rumors that Ty has already signed with KC and they are just waiting to announce it. At first I really wanted Ty to come back but now I could care less. I'm done with his "pre-madonna" ways.

For those of you who don't remember, and intern in the Pats front office during the Parcells reign sent out a press release describing a player as a "pre-madonna" of course the the intern meant "prima donna" but it's a great typo so I keep using it. Probably the little intern wasn't even aware there was a time before Madonna.

Last edited:
Re: Ty to KC?

Hoodie said:
Probably the little intern wasn't even aware there was a time before Madonna.

There was?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey