Ty Law makes the Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
... but there appear to be some who question whether he deserves it

www.profootballtalk.com said:
Hey, Ty -- you made it to the Pro Bowl based on your reputation, not on your performance in 2005.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/sports/football/22jets.html

let's hope he doesn't try to use this as a bargaining chip (yeah right) and demand an unreasonable salary that would preclude the Pats from being able to re-sign him.

JoeSixPat said:
let's hope he doesn't try to use this as a bargaining chip (yeah right) and demand an unreasonable salary that would preclude the Pats from being able to re-sign him.
Yeah right. ;)

I don't think he ever comes back. I think he specifically wanted to leave to get out from under the shadow of "a Belichick Defense", and now that he's 'proven' himself as being more than just another Belichick plug-and-play piece, I doubt he'd make a move that he would consider a move backwards.

"You are going to have critics, good and bad. You’re not going to be able to please everybody and I don’t go out there to please anybody because you could play some of the best football of your life and somebody, somewhere will say, “Well, he didn’t do this or he didn’t do that.†So, I don’t get caught up in things like that. But for the critics and the overall masses I think I proved that it wasn’t the Patriots’ uniform that made Ty Law a good player. I still own that law and that 24, and I’m still able to make plays whatever defense I’m in. Statistically, I think it speaks for itself. I don’t have to prove anything to anybody, my record and stats speak for me."

Ty Law ~ 12/20/05. Press release courtesy NY Jets Media Dept.

Last edited:
finally someone's talking football!

i do not see Ty coming back next year. Pats are not going to pay someone over the hill a lot of money that he will surely get from one of the contenders looking to upgrade D. I actually see him playing for Bengals or Chiefs as a safety.

Congrats to Ty... a great player. Doubt he's back here... would love to see it though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ty back as a safety, but he's already stated that he feels he's got a few more "pro-bowl" years left at CB. So that obviously won't happen for the Pats.

Obviously, if we consider Ty Law a safety, he won't be back. Someone will sign him as the pro-bowl corner. As, yes I hope that it's the patriots. Let's see Starks was worth a 3rd and $3.5M a year to the patriots on the opne marker. Law is worth much less and should be shifted to safety???????????

BTW, do you seriously believe that if Ty Law were signed to the patriots, that Mangini would be so foolish as start Gay, Samuel and Hobbs ahead of him at corner? Mangini would be fired for incompetence.

Brownfan80 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Ty back as a safety, but he's already stated that he feels he's got a few more "pro-bowl" years left at CB. So that obviously won't happen for the Pats.

mgteich said:
Obviously, if we consider Ty Law a safety, he won't be back. Someone will sign him as the pro-bowl corner. As, yes I hope that it's the patriots. Let's see Starks was worth a 3rd and $3.5M a year to the patriots on the opne marker. Law is worth much less and should be shifted to safety???????????

BTW, do you seriously believe that if Ty Law were signed to the patriots, that Mangini would be so foolish as start Gay, Samuel and Hobbs ahead of him at corner? Mangini would be fired for incompetence.

Absolutely not. I was thinking capwise based on Ty's history with the org. The Pats obviously, for whatever reason, don't want to pay Law as a top flight corner. So I'm thinking I'd personally love to have him back, but as a safety since Rodney's future is up in the air and it'd be cheaper that way. I did state directly after that it wouldn't ever happen, but it's a wish in dream land. haha.

I think that there is some team that'll pay for Ty's five or six picks and probowl slot. I know it won't be us.

I drool over the prospect of Hobbs-Wilson-Harrison-Law though. That'd be excellent. Talk about a physical unit. Sheeeeeit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back