PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law claims Patriots offered him "a good deal more" than Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Sorry if it's already been brought up...I haven't been by in a while. Anyway, this is from today's Post:

TY LAW WANTS TO PLAY FOR NEW YORK JETS THURSDAY AGAINST NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - New York Post

Here's the relevant passage:

Everybody thinks it's money, money, money," he said. "New England offered me more money than I'm getting paid here. New England offered me a good bit more, but I felt like this was the right situation and Eric was always forthright with me about how he was going to utilize me and let me come in and play. If I want to play beyond this season, I think this is the best chance to do so and the best chance to win, in my opinion.

Wow. On many levels.

Last edited:
The Pats offered him good money, but no guarantees of playing time or camera access. Very Bill-esque and very NOT what a pride-monger like Law wants to hear.

Law was one of my favorite players. I thought he was over the top with the "gotta feed my family" line. And i thought that he and BB were alright with what went on. I guess not. As they say he's dead to me now.

Last edited:
I don't believe anything Law says publically. Funny that he would say that he thought they were the best chance of winning going forward when they could have cap issues as soon as next year, no QB past this year, several players in key skill positions getting up there in age (Favre, Coles, Jones, etc. not to mention that Faneca and Woody are up there in age too), and a head coach who hasn't proved he could win anything.

My guess is that the Pats either didn't offer the money he is claiming or the Pats either didn't promise him that he had a shot at starting or that this was anything more than a short term deal since the Pats want to get younger at the position, not older.

To me it looks like the Jets are more geared to win right now than the Pats no matter the perception. Their cap and age is working against them more than the Pats. Matt Cassel may very well be their starting QB next year and I trust McDaniels putting him in position to win than Brian Schottenheimer.

Felger is right, Law never wanted to play for the Patriots after he left, he just used them to drive up his price. He's still out to prove that he's Ty Law, stud, not Ty Law, piece of Belichick puzzle.

Sorry if it's already been brought up...I haven't been by in a while. Anyway, this is from today's Post:

TY LAW WANTS TO PLAY FOR NEW YORK JETS THURSDAY AGAINST NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - New York Post

Here's the relevant passage:

Everybody thinks it's money, money, money," he said. "New England offered me more money than I'm getting paid here. New England offered me a good bit more, but I felt like this was the right situation and Eric was always forthright with me about how he was going to utilize me and let me come in and play. If I want to play beyond this season, I think this is the best chance to do so and the best chance to win, in my opinion.

Wow. On many levels.
ty law saying he walked away from more money is just down right comical, hes full of horse crap, lets hope he pulls a groin, hammy, or qaud on this cold rainy night

This is a guy who chose the Chiefs over the Pats because of about $100k. I do agree that there may be some validity that Law doesn't want to play here at all.

Kiss the Pats HOF goodbye, Ty. And you have no chance at the NFL Hall either.

Law is ruled by one thing and one thing only...money. His statement is bull.

Felger is right, Law never wanted to play for the Patriots after he left, he just used them to drive up his price. He's still out to prove that he's Ty Law, stud, not Ty Law, piece of Belichick puzzle.

DING DING.....I agree with Felger.

I loved Ty and thank him for the momories.....BUT.....I think if he is brought in to play the slot or cover Watson, he'll be burned. No way can he come in off the street and keep up with Wes Welker, not a chance.

It's a good thing Law signed with a team that plays outdoors. There wouldn't be enough room for his ego, and that of Fredo's, Favre's, and the rest of Gang Green inside a dome.

Heh... I understand that Favre would make a pretty good preacher when he hangs up his pads. He's got the chops for it, apparently, because every time he steps back to throw a pass, 70,000 people cry out "Oh God!" :rolleyes:

Please god, if you are there, listening, and could somehow find it in your heart. Please put Law on Moss or Welker a few times tonight.

Please God, I've been very good, and I haven't asked for much over the years. :D

Please god, if you are there, listening, and could somehow find it in your heart. Please put Law on Moss or Welker a few times tonight.

Please God, I've been very good, and I haven't asked for much over the years. :D

Careful, Law might be praying for one last awesome game...

I HAVE NO SON! Errr I mean no Ty Law

Careful, Law might be praying for one last awesome game...

Even if he grants him one, it ain't gonna be tonight. He's been there 2 days, and he ain't sniffed a field in well over a year, which is a century in Football Years.

Kind of sad, I used to cheer for this guy. Now he's just Ty Law, ****.

I don't believe anything Law says publically. Funny that he would say that he thought they were the best chance of winning going forward when they could have cap issues as soon as next year, no QB past this year, several players in key skill positions getting up there in age (Favre, Coles, Jones, etc. not to mention that Faneca and Woody are up there in age too), and a head coach who hasn't proved he could win anything.

My guess is that the Pats either didn't offer the money he is claiming or the Pats either didn't promise him that he had a shot at starting or that this was anything more than a short term deal since the Pats want to get younger at the position, not older.

To me it looks like the Jets are more geared to win right now than the Pats no matter the perception. Their cap and age is working against them more than the Pats. Matt Cassel may very well be their starting QB next year and I trust McDaniels putting him in position to win than Brian Schottenheimer.

Thats why he signed a 1 yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye