PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law back with the Patriots next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see Ty at Safety, but he still looks pretty good at corner.

Fugiddaboudit!

mikey said:
I thought it was more like buying GOOG at 100 bucks per share.

I wasn't counting, but the wide open receptions were at most 3.

Also, Law did not allow a single TD the whole season.

If we compare stats, Pats pass defense is 30th while Jets pass defense is 3rd.

In addition to his 7 INTS, Law held Chambers to 4 for 34 yds, Moss 2 for 18, Deion Branch 5 for 44, Horn 4 for 47, Steve Smith 3 for 34, and David Givens to 2 catches for 21 yards.

I'm not sure how many Jets games you watched, but for the games I watched (which is almost all the games), the opposing QBs hardly threw to Law's receivers. Brady was the only one with the chupzpah to test Law and Brady paid for it by having the big INT which bothered Brady the rest of the game.

Law was voted by players and coaches to the Pro Bowl, in addition to the fans. And it is not just on reputation alone.

Other than the stats you gave, I disagree with every single thing you say here. So be it, we'll have a difference of opinion. And those numbers you give for receivers are very misleading. Surrendering 4-5 catches a game while not being challenged often is poor. And how many penalties did he commit that gave an automatic first down? Add those to receptions given up. And was the Jets pass defense #3 because of Ty Law, because of a good pass rush, or because they're ranked #25 against the run? I WAS counting, starting the second half, and I counted 5 times he allowed his man to catch the ball right in front of him.

dryheat44 said:
And how many penalties did he commit that gave an automatic first down?

For the last 5 or 6 games, I believe the answer is 0.

dryheat44 said:
Other than the stats you gave, I disagree with every single thing you say here.

Not even buying GOOG at 100 bucks a share?? :D

dryheat44 said:
Other than the stats you gave, I disagree with every single thing you say here. So be it, we'll have a difference of opinion. And those numbers you give for receivers are very misleading. Surrendering 4-5 catches a game while not being challenged often is poor. And how many penalties did he commit that gave an automatic first down? Add those to receptions given up. And was the Jets pass defense #3 because of Ty Law, because of a good pass rush, or because they're ranked #25 against the run? I WAS counting, starting the second half, and I counted 5 times he allowed his man to catch the ball right in front of him.
Counting his INT against us, Ty has 7. Up to three wks ago, he had 9 penalties, and 5 which were not taken ( i.e.,the play resulted in more yds) for a total of 14.

DaBruinz said:
If Law is so "Old and Slow" how is it that David Givens wasn't able to catch him?
momentum. they were each moving in different directions. Even linemencan score a TD whenthey are going toward the endzone when making a pick and everyone else is moving the other way. Cripes, SamAdams (or was it Pat Wiliams) ran one back in 2003.

mikey said:
For the last 5 or 6 games, I believe the answer is 0.

he leads the AFC in PI calls

Personally I see no need for Ty Law. What is the point? For one he will cost us some money and two Randall Gay and Tyrone Poole will both be returning next year. You have four solid CB's in Gay, Poole, Hobbs and Samuel, screw Ty Law, as good as the guy is. Plus, we've won without Law before...*cough* 04 playoffs.

Last edited:
IMHO, the Pats may not go for another experienced and pricey CB, especially if Harrison can play next year. G@y and Hobbs can start; maybe Asante. We won last year with less talent than that at CB.

I think Asante Samuel is a really good player, and I dont blame him for having a tough year, getting beat many times. But this is his first year as the Pats #1 CB. Who can expect him to perform amazingly against some of the NFL's best recievers like Marvin Harrison and all these other guys. The Pats have a GOOD secondary, despite what people will tell you. They are getting more and more experienced. Young guys like Samuel, Hobbs, Gay, Wilson are pretty good. Its just trying to keep them all healthy which has been challenging. And I dont expect automatic excellence when the most experienced players in the current secondary are second years.

Last edited:
Ironically, the injuries and secondary changes (Milloy, Poole, Starks, Law) have forced the Pats to test young DBs under fire, with solid results (Wilson, Samuel, G@y, Hobbs). I think they're well-positioned for the future here.

Kdo5 said:
Personally I see no need for Ty Law. What is the point? For one he will cost us some money and two Randall Gay and Tyrone Poole will both be returning next year. You have four solid CB's in Gay, Poole, Hobbs and Samuel, screw Ty Law, as good as the guy is. Plus, we've won without Law before...*cough* 04 playoffs.
You wanna make a little wager about Poole returning next year? I think it's far from a given.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
You wanna make a little wager about Poole returning next year? I think it's far from a given.

I'd say it's a given he won't. He's basically pulled the plug on his season two years in a row now, and that was the rap against him when he was in Denver and Indy...that you never got the impression that he really cared whether he played or not.

mikey said:
I'm not sure how many Jets games you watched...(which is almost all the games)...

Yup, not surprising you watched almost all of the Jets games, since you are the most prolific troll on this board.

And it is not just on reputation alone.

Duh.

Last edited:
cubedoggy said:
Yup, not surprising you watched almost all of the Jets games, since you are the most prolific troll on this board. And it is not just on reputation alone. Duh.
I live near the Meadowlands so I get the "opportunity" to watch all the Jets and Giants games.

As for being a "troll", I have almost 1,600 posts. Show me ONE post that indicates or suggests that I am a Jets fan.

I happen to live near Dolphin Stadium. I see a few games myself. I enjoy watching them lose.

mikey said:
I live near the Meadowlands so I get the "opportunity" to watch all the Jets and Giants games.

As for being a "troll", I have almost 1,600 posts. Show me ONE post that indicates or suggests that I am a Jets fan.

Touched a nerve, did I?

While I cannot say with any certainty that you are a Jet fan, I can point to a great number of posts and threads you've started that are anti-Patriot.

C'mon, Mikey, this is not the first time you've been accused of being a troll, and you know I'm not the only regular poster here who thinks so.

The number of posts you have shows your perseverence, surely, but not your Pats loyalty.

Last edited:
mikey said:

Only one? You could just about pick one randomly.

cubedoggy said:
While I cannot say with any certainty that you are a Jet fan, I can point to a great number of posts and threads you've started that are anti-Patriot.

I'm not sure what you meant by "anti-Patriot" post.

I have certainly posted "constructive" criticisms. I have made comments about our pay structure. I have made comments about our draft picks. But I thought those were legitimate issues.

I would therefore appreciate it if you can show me ONE thread or ONE post that you think is "anti-Patriot".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back