Welcome to PatsFans.com

Two Weeks to Re-coup and get healthy

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DaBruinz, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

The Pats O-line was really run through the ringer tonight. Hochstein, O'Callaghan and Britt did an adequate, but not fantastic job. It hurt the running game and the passing game.

Hopefully, the Pats will get Kyle Brady, Stephen Neal and Nick Kaczur back. As well as Willie Andrews.
  2. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yep, that would be good. If we play the Steelers or Jags it is going to be a very physical first game.
  3. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Of all the players you mention I think the Pats missed KB the most.
    Not that we didn't miss the other guys, too.
  4. chrisfx811

chrisfx811 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was nice to see the Pats get through this game despite the injuries.
    Another thing the media won't mention nearly as much as they do with the Colts.
    The Pats have won despite injuries, some bad games, etc.

I hope the extra week off translates into a rested & ready defense for the playoffs. 4 TD's to the Giants is a rough way to finish.
  5. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is the best post of the day.

The Pats need to take some time and enjoy their accomplishment. It's well deserved. Life is not worth living unless you can stop and enjoy it for a bit.

Over the next two weeks, I'm sure BB will say something like, "What you've accomplished is a tremendous achievement, but if you recall that was not our goal at the start of the season. Nor was the TD record, or points scored, etc. Our goal was to win the Superbowl. We need to do the things that will prepare us to be competitive on January 12th. We need to focus on that. If we can do that and execute successfully, everything will take care of itself."
  6. mosi

mosi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a feeling that we are going to see a different Patriots team once the playoffs start. Even the game against the giants was handled in a way to minimize what other teams could scout. We are going to see a more aggressive defense and a more balanced offense.
  7. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

8. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

Thanks for the kind words, RW.

I have to agree with what you said about BB and the team taking the time to enjoy what they've accomplished. It would seem that some people on this board can't comprehend that.
  9. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +104 / 25 / -18

No Jersey Selected

I hope that everybody takes the entire week off, and reports for duty one week from tomorrow rested, relaxed and refreshed. And healthy, too; so we don't have to watch Ventrone and Spann allow any more KO returns for TDs. Troy Brown would have done a better job than either of them.
  10. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +177 / 5 / -12

What we're going to see is a different Tom Brady on the other side of the 50 yard line because with Randy getting his record hopefully Tom stops forcing it into him. :mad:
  11. i support BB

i support BB Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd like to see Troy Brown returning punts in the playoffs. Even though he muffed that one vs Miami, he's still very reliable back there with alot of playoff expierence
  12. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

Troy muffed a playoff punt once too. :(
  13. i support BB

i support BB Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Everyone does at some point in time. I just feel like Troy Brown back there would be best for everyone because thats the only thing he would be concerned with. If we put Welker or Hobbs back there, they are doing 2 things, I just think it's best for the team. I'm not saying Welker and Hobbs can't handle it, it's just if we have the right guy for it why not use him.
  14. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Things like this depend on who's healthy and if Troy is on the 45 man roster, who then isn't. BB switches the 45 man roster around depending largely on the opponent and gameplan. we don't even know who the opponent is yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.