Two Utes?

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by PATSNUTme, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

#75 Jersey

Vinny Gambini: It is possible that the two yutes...
    Judge Chamberlain Haller: ...Ah, the two what? Uh... uh, what was that word?
    Vinny Gambini: Uh... what word?
    Judge Chamberlain Haller: Two what?
    Vinny Gambini: What?
    Judge Chamberlain Haller: Uh... did you say 'yutes'?
    Vinny Gambini: Yeah, two yutes.
    Judge Chamberlain Haller: What is a yute?
    [beat]
    Vinny Gambini: Oh, excuse me, your honor...
    [exaggerated]
    Vinny Gambini: Two YOUTHS.

OK, I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about Sean Smith and Paul Kruger.

As of now I would not be disappointed if we took both these guys, even Smith in the 1st round. Kruger looks more like Vrable than any college player I've seen this year. He's a Vrable like 6'4 and 265. He looks as if he could be a DE to OLB conversion.

Smith would be ideal at FS but also could be a top corner. It would be great if the Patriots could develope a big corner instead of the smurfs that they always seem to have as WR"s seem to be getting taller.

Thoughts?

2. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Two Yutes... funny. :)

3. billdog3484

billdog3484 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

now that is a great scene from a great movie. good job

4. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

I like both Utah players a lot, and actually had them going #1A and #1B to the Pats in a mid-January mock.

Sean Smith's been talked about a lot. He's one of my binkies, and I personally hope at this point that he's our pick at #23.

I also like Paul Kruger. He has a lot of good things going for him. Size, motor, intensity, character, intelligence. He's a bit older (2 years on a mission) and is without one kidney and a spleen, which could cause him to slip a bit. At 6'5" 265# his frame has room to grow a bit. My big question is whether he is a pure 4-3 DE (as some have claimed) or has the agility and athleticism to play in space and convert to 3-4 OLB. I could see him as an alternative to Connor Barwin at #47 or #58 if the Pats thought that he could play LB.

5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

#75 Jersey

I didn't realize that Kruger had those health issues. I guess we will have to see how NFL teams view them. He still stood out as a stud in the couple of game that I saw him.

6. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

I'd love to see Kruger in the second round. He impressed me during the Sugar Bowl.

Both Utes (two Utes? :)) shown here: YouTube - Utes Heading To NFL

7. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

#12 Jersey

I really do not see Smith fitting into the Pats system soI have no real interest in him.

Kruger is a bit older than most draftees, but he is an intriguing prospect. He has potential has an edge rusher and has some experience in coverage, but as a run defender, I worry if he can handle being a 3-4 OLB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.