Welcome to PatsFans.com

Two US journalists sentenced to 12 years in N. Korea ... they were working for AlGore

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

North Korea wants an official apology from the U.S. for the two women journalists who were captured, "tried", convicted, and sentenced to 12 years of hard labor in the world's most secretive state, N. Korea.

And all because they were sent by Al Gore's "Current TV" media group.

I say Al Gore owes any apology that should be given, NOT the people of the U.S.A. Gore the whack-job. :nono:

[size=+4]U.S. apology could free reporters in N. Korea[/size]

SEOUL (AP) | North Korea might release two convicted American journalists if the United States offers a gesture such as an official apology, a U.S.-based scholar who visited Pyongyang said in interviews published Friday.

Laura Ling and Euna Lee were detained in March near the North Korean border with China and sentenced last month to 12 years of hard labor for entering the country illegally and for "hostile acts." The two work for former Vice President Al Gore's California-based Current TV media group.

University of Georgia political scientist Han Park said that the two are being kept at a guesthouse in the North Korean capital, and the delay in sending them to a prison labor camp may be an attempt to seek talks with Washington on their release.

U.S. apology could free reporters in N. Korea - Washington Times

//

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 15 / -29

Re: Two US journalists sentenced to 12 years in N. Korea ... they were working for Al

First of all they were working for a channel co owned by Al Gore.. semantically your wording is correct, but hopefully he does not micromanage his investment..

OTOH when I read this, thought that this was ultimate payback for the blazing expose of Lisa Ling when she went underground in N Korea... she did a pretty good job of reporting what went on there, and the subsequent press made Kim look very bad..

Sending her sister looks like a gift that kept on giving... what better way to pay back Lisa than by trumping up some bogus charges...

3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Re: Two US journalists sentenced to 12 years in N. Korea ... they were working for Al

What did AlGore know, and when did he know it?? "Micromanage"??? Is that what they say when one's fair-haired boy is caught with a bad "investment" strategy??? :confused2:

Seems like the Al is getting some "payback" for his hysterical life, not to mention his home that uses ten times that of a typical U.S. home, even as he runs all over the place -- piling up carbon debits ( :eek: ) -- in the process of telling us all that we're part of the "problem" (but he's "not"). :rolleyes: ....... yeah, man, pass the blunt ......sssssssssswt...

Trouble is, Al's not the one actually paying for it; these two girls are. :nooo:

//

4. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's the boss of the boss of their boss...he has nothing to do with them directly except maybe sign their paychecks if that.

If it was any other up and coming reporter they would have been released after the new President got his first smack into KJI's political unreality weeks ago...he's gotta be doing that.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +873 / 2 / -9

"Entered Illegally" sounds like they're Illegal Aliens, I don't think they'll get any Food Stamps from Ping Pong, they're lucky he hasn't killed them already.

What the hell were they doing over there anyway, in the eyes of the N Koreans they're criminals, Nutty Gore is the high profile guy in this, is he doing anything to get these two loons home.

I Believe what the Korean Ding Dongpongs are saying is "Stay Off My Lawn" and I don't blame them, loons should stay at home and mind their own damn business, they should be in Frisco trying to stop the Winos from having bowel movements in the school yards.

The arrogance of American Liberals is astounding.

Exchange the two loon prisoners for Al Boob Gore.........:singing:

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Gore is a total 100% fruitcake. Everything he touches turns to crap. He couldn't change a tire on his car without breaking three toes of the friendly passerby who came to assist him.

"Bricks" AlGore -----------> :bricks:

//

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +873 / 2 / -9

Al Boob Gore and John Fonda Kerry are the reasons GW Bush spent 8 Years in the White House, the Dingobats still can't see that (the moron from texas beat the both of them)

Gore belongs in a Mental Institution, when Gore watches Barack Hussein Obama on TV smacking his lips and wiggling his Mickey Mouse Ears Gore punches himself in the face and crys.

Baby It's Cold Outside

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ain't that the truth. They're writing a book: "2009: the year without summer".

(True story.)

Meanwhile the Goreites keep on with their campaign. :scared:

//

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +567 / 15 / -29

I am confused is this thread about Gore and his shenanigans or is it about injustice in North Korea??... the a typical rightie tightie response about him is predictable..

Brought up the salient issue regarding the detention of Laura Ling, is probably due to the previous expose of her sister Lisa... but then it turned into a Gore stompfest... do not understand why you would hijack your own thread and make a mockery out of yourself...

:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:

10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well, yeah because its not true. It was your incompetence as a voter that put your idiot in the White House Harry. You and all the other Dingobats who couldn't see past the Flag he waved in your face.

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're right: this is about a Gore stompfest. :D He's earned it, a thousand times over. He and his "Nobel" prize. :nono: Talk about dumbing down.

Yes, your point about Lisa is salient, yet the point about Al Boob is even more so.

///

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +567 / 15 / -29

Somedays it is difficult to believe that you are a 62 year old minister with a 17 year old son.. you make no sense..

13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Foggy and the rest are just mad that a African-American beat their candidate, it must be humiliating for a grou thats 90% old white, white haired men

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +873 / 2 / -9

I held my nose and voted for Bush the same way I did with Batty McCain.

I voted for bush because I couldn't vote for either of those two "Blowhard Morons" Goe/Kerry there is another reason also, the democrats are not the democrats of my day they have turned into a party of Tax Tax MTV, Pop Culture, Far Left Wing Racist Looney Sex Happy A$s Holes.

15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The Democrats of 'your day' never existed Harry. Do you honestly think Harry Truman or Tip O'Neil would have supported putting Caribou Barbie 1 heartbeat away from the Presidency? Please. The only place these Democrats ever existed was in your mind.

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +567 / 15 / -29

An update on the efforts to release them..

U.S. seeks amnesty for two held in North Korea - CNN.com

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nothing makes sense to you unless it is union made. ;)

Don't worry, you'll have an eternity to figure it out.

//

18. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Why not? They put foot in mouth Biden there.

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hey, blue-balls, you talkin' to me! Are you talkin' to ME??!!!

Actually, I almost voted for Obama, just because he seemed like the best black candidate to ever come that close, and I thought it was about time. Then I woke up. ;) Seriously, I gave him a lot of consideration; in the end his resume just didn't seem that substantial, if you know what I mean.

Still, I support him as my president; it's YOU GUYS who showed me how to be a good "back-bencher". ;)

[size=+4] Fork Bush!!!![/size]

//

20. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

No Fog i'm talking to the dumbazz sitting next to you, thats why i put your name in the post. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009