PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two seemingly unnoticed statistical facts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Sorry for the interruption but....

1. The New England Patriots won yesterday.

2. The New England Patriots are tied for first place in the league with the best record.

We return you to the regularly scheduled doom and gloom about how ineffective our offense and defense is.

But those ones aren't important :D

Putting 31 up on offense and getting 3 picks on defense - you are going to win most games with those two numbers there, so I am feeling pretty good today. Manning is a beast when he is playing from behind, but yesterday felt different - I honestly thought we'd make a play on defense, and we did. This is not the 2009 Patriots.

Last edited:
The Pats are 8-2 with six games left. Some people on this board didn't think the Pats could get 8 wins or more in 16 games. Most people on this board before the beginning of the season didn't think the Pats were going to beat San Deigo, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, and Indy this season. Granted beating Minnesota is no big feat this year.

But those ones aren't important :D

Putting 31 up on offense and getting 3 picks on defense - you are going to win most games with those two numbers there, so I am feeling pretty good today. Manning is a beast when he is playing from behind, but yesterday felt different - I honestly thought we'd make a play on defense, and we did. This is not the 2009 Patriots.

Not to mention they must have averaged 5+ Ypc to the colts 2.5 (and that was inflated by a great drawcplay call). You just cant lose games where you are +3 in turnovers and have that sortbof disparity in the running game.

Would love to see a discussion board where Hoodie and Pom Poms sing songs and make daisy chains throughout the entire NFL schedule. :D

Sorry for the interruption but....

1. The New England Patriots won yesterday.

2. The New England Patriots are tied for first place in the league with the best record.

We return you to the regularly scheduled doom and gloom about how ineffective our offense and defense is.
And what does that get us?...

5th seed in the AFC:(

I predicted probably around when we were 5-1 that we would go 13-3. I still feel good about that prediction. Hell, I think we may even go 14-2. As long as we can beat the Jets 2 weeks from now we can do it.

And what does that get us?...

5th seed in the AFC:(

Yeah...cause a 5th seed has never won the superbowl.

And lets add in a 3rd completely unnoticed statistical fact.

3. The NEP control their own destiny for the AFC #1 seed.

I will now admit that 4th and 2 last year was dead wrong thing to do. We shoulda punted it away and made Manning go the length of the field to win, because he has a tendency to choke when he has to do that.

:yeahthat:

Heading into week 12 of the season, that's good, good stuff.

What if we beat the Jets in our next matchup and end up with the same record at the end of the season? We will have the same record and both be 1-1 on head to head match ups. It will depend on total division wins but what if that is also a tie?

What if we beat the Jets in our next matchup and end up with the same record at the end of the season? We will have the same record and both be 1-1 on head to head match ups. It will depend on total division wins but what if that is also a tie?

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

If you think that a wildcard (5th or 6th seed) has never won a Super Bowl, you are incorrect.

And even if this were so, I would suggest that this would be an argument for not bothering with wildcard teams at all. Let the division leaders fight it out.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

That is all true and great, I'm just saying it would be nice to have a better seed then 5th. If we end the season tied with the best record and a 5th seed, it will suck.

I will now admit that 4th and 2 last year was dead wrong thing to do. We shoulda punted it away and made Manning go the length of the field to win, because he has a tendency to choke when he has to do that.

Sorry it took you so long to finally get it wrong. Perhaps next year you'll get it right again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes