PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two punters in on tryouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hm. Maybe for the p-squad. You'd be hard pressed to be better than Hanson this year so far.

Hm. Maybe for the p-squad. You'd be hard pressed to be better than Hanson this year so far.

Probably just the normal continual evaluation of players in case

an emergency occurs. In the case of the guard, there probably

is still room for an upgrade in the offensive line.

Yeah, the guard could be good, if he's a decent player. We need some depth and maybe there are cheaper/better options than Vets.

Gotta get the short list ready in case Hanson punts the way everyone thinks he punts.

You'd be hard pressed to be better than Hanson this year so far.

Boy have we come a long way since the start of camp, when so many were begging for a UDFA, any UDFA to unseat the "worthless" Hanson! :)

Boy have we come a long way since the start of camp, when so many were begging for a UDFA, any UDFA to unseat the "worthless" Hanson! :)

Sidenote: not me.

If the offense plays like it did last year, who needs a punter?

If the offense plays like it did last year, who needs a punter?

I remember one announcer calling him the loneliest guy in the NFL.

Probably just the normal continual evaluation of players in case

an emergency occurs. In the case of the guard, there probably

is still room for an upgrade in the offensive line.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the two punters, and I'm sure they're going to look at some more lineman over the next few weeks.

Auditioning the two punters makes me wonder about Drago, and why he didn't even make it into Training Camp. From what I had read, he seemed to have a strong leg.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the two punters, and I'm sure they're going to look at some more lineman over the next few weeks.

Auditioning the two punters makes me wonder about Drago, and why he didn't even make it into Training Camp. From what I had read, he seemed to have a strong leg.

Yeah, but he also apparently had terrible mechanics. :) / :(

I believe the concern with Drago was that he was a long strider. That meant it took longer to get his punts off and there were concerns that some of his punts would be blocked in the pros. He had an unquestionably strong leg though.

I believe the concern with Drago was that he was a long strider. That meant it took longer to get his punts off and there were concerns that some of his punts would be blocked in the pros. He had an unquestionably strong leg though.
SO kid,,,work on those mechanics and then....return next year!! He is 6'6"...long legs...so..he should make it back..(I HOPE)

Packers released P Jon Ryan when they picked up Derick Frost from the Redskins. This kid has a great leg, grew up in Canada (so he is used to kicking in the dead cold of winter) and has a great attitude. Would love to see him here for a look see.

Packers released P Jon Ryan when they picked up Derick Frost from the Redskins. This kid has a great leg, grew up in Canada (so he is used to kicking in the dead cold of winter) and has a great attitude. Would love to see him here for a look see.

Well, that depends... where's he from?

Winter here was LAME last year. Oh to you Americans down south (I actually live further south than Chicago), a LAME Canadian winter means not much snow and warm. Often, this also defines a good Canadian winter. :)

Well, that depends... where's he from?

Winter here was LAME last year. Oh to you Americans down south (I actually live further south than Chicago), a LAME Canadian winter means not much snow and warm. Often, this also defines a good Canadian winter. :)

Grew up in Regina, kicked at the U of R and played for the Blue Bombers for 2 years before signing with the Packers.

IIRC, it wasn't the length of his strides so much as the number: he has a three-step drop, while most NFL punters use a two-step drop.

Two words.
Shadow Roster.
Belioli are constantly looking at guys for unanticipated eventualities like injury to base players. Seau is one possible example. I think the recent moves at TE and OL on the 53 reflect a continuing porcess of taking a good look at guys who maight get cut by Monday but also might get a phonecall later in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down