PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Other WR Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayjackson

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Javon Walker and Keyshawn Johnson

albeit, both with sketchy personality issues....both are impact receivers and both may be changing teams shortly

we know the issues with Walker in GB and his demands to be traded...GB insist they won't trade him, but this is largely to maximize trade value....walker has stated that he would retire before stepping onto a Green Bay practice field again

Keyshawn Johnson is quietly asking for a new deal...he is due a $1.5M bonus on Wednesday and has a $1.0M base salary for the year....he would like to be paid in the $3.5 - $4.0M range. Conicidentally, TO is slated for release on Wednesday as well. If Philly thinks TO is going to Dallas, they will wait to the last minute before his bonus before releasing him, to force Dallas' hand with Keyshawn. If Dallas has to pay out the bonus to Key, they will and then look to deal him if they sign TO. Either way, if Dallas is the team that is serious about TO (hard to tell between them, KC and denver), then Keyshawn will be available by either FA or trade....though it's hard to see the Bills (not buffalo) agreeing on a trade

Mr. Gimme the Damn Ball? Hmmm, has he really calmed down already from his early days? Walker I like, but at what cost?

Last edited:
smg93 said:
Mr. Gimme the Damn Ball? Hmmm, has he really calmed down already from his early days? Walker I like, but at what cost?

he's seems quite calm....i see a lot of cowboy games on the tube up here...

he only had one blow up during the year and Drew gave it right back to him and then it was over and they were chums again....i don't think brady can get rattled by a WR

ayjackson said:
he's seems quite calm....i see a lot of cowboy games on the tube up here...

he only had one blow up during the year and Drew gave it right back to him and then it was over and they were chums again....i don't think brady can get rattled by a WR

Wow, that's a change. Does he still have the skills for a #1? If not, will he be content being a #2 in New England with a passing game that throws to a lot more receivers than most teams?

The Pack is playing hard ball with Walker..,again maybe closer to a Dillon than a TO..but?? I am thinking with his injury attitude and such..more of a risk. but I am not sure of all the hassle esp if GB is wanting to make it hard on the situation.,,,more possible than KJ.....I think he''s more of a TO..and hasn't calmed down at all. we do NOT need someone coming to the team and demanding the ball..sorry..go play for the Raiders or some other team..NOT here. I would take chances on a 2nd 3rd year player that has been in the shadows of other receivers than one of these stars..that you overpay for and will be trouble.

Last edited:
NFL Network had a special on ego and revceivers a couple of nights ago. Keyshawn was shown screaming for the ball, harrassing coaches and harrassing QB's, saying things like, "C'mon, I ain't touched that b**ch all day." Every sentence that came out of his mouth had the word "I" in it. Truly an overrated, disgusting player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back