PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two new Pats stories from me at WEEI.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys ... hope all is well with everyone over here in the forum. Anyway, just wanted to post a couple of links to recent stories of mine at WEEI.com:

What it means to get the franchise tag in Foxborough

Todd Sauerbrun loooooooooves the Patriots new special teams coach

Chris:

One thing that's forgotten is that the franchise tag was basically a concession on the part of the union to get free agency reduced from six years to four. In other words, the player's union allowed teams to hold ~2% of players hostage so that everyone else could go free sooner.

another round of good stories

Thanks for dropping back and posting links!

EDIT: Chris, I think you are also forgetting WR coach.

Last edited:
Thanks for dropping back and posting links!

EDIT: Chris, I think you are also forgetting WR coach.

Thanks. Good catch on the WR coach--got a few e-mails on that. The edit will be made shortly........

Nice info on Scott O'Brien, given that there has been some concern about special teams with the departure of Seely.

Were Sauerbruns best years the same ones he was roiding? If so, when he credits his coach, does that just mean his coach was the supplier?

Glad to see new ST coach. Seely was alright but i can remember more long returns in the last 2 years then I remember before that.Were did Seely go to Rattgini or to Josh in Denver?:confused:

Glad to see new ST coach. Seely was alright but i can remember more long returns in the last 2 years then I remember before that.Were did Seely go to Rattgini or to Josh in Denver?:confused:
He's in Cleveland now as an assistant head coach and ST coordinator.

This guy brings in a lot of positive experiences from past ST coaching gigs I would love to see our punt return game come back to life. Good read.

FWIW, I've spoken with a few other players around the league since yesterday, and they all say the same thing -- O'Brien is a great special teams coach. Looks like the Patriots got a good one to replace Seely.

FWIW, I've spoken with a few other players around the league since yesterday, and they all say the same thing -- O'Brien is a great special teams coach. Looks like the Patriots got a good one to replace Seely.

I always look forward to seeing what new coaches bring, especially on defense. Thanks Chris :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes