PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two downgraded

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeanBruschi54 said:
Every year Samuel is hurt now. Every year.

This is just angering on staggering levels.
One of the reasons he won't be getting #1 CB money from us in a few months.

warfeild....what happend to him? was just thinkin of pats DBs we had at the beginning of the year:confused: :confused:

very bad...
out 3 starters on 4 players in our seconday (Harrison, Samuel, Wilson)...
Favre will be happy...

we need the best from the front 7

An opportunity?

Maybe Dean will bring a bit more heat (like, say, the Jets). Let's see if some of our LBs can make themselves known. Even Favre makes mistakes under pressure.

BelichickFan said:
If we play good offense and the front seven plays well on defense we can easily overcome this. We've done it before, remember the Packers are a soft, overrated NFCN team just like the Vikings were.

i agree with you

the front seven MUST play well today

in this case the secondary can handle it

notex said:
warfeild....what happend to him? was just thinkin of pats DBs we had at the beginning of the year:confused: :confused:

Cut in late August. Now just hovering around in the nothingness of free agency.

fgssand said:
Patriot depth at this position is actually remarkable. Tell me what other team could lose entire starting defensive backfield from beginning of the year and still be able to field an impressive group of veteran and rookie talent at starter to replace them.

Hawkins - Scott - Hobbs - Sanders are not a bad group at all. They will do just fine.
Beers to you Frank! The true danger here is getting run over by the littles dodging the sky, that or stepping in some NEM while you're looking out for running littles.

Ive had a night to sleep on it and Samuel being out still enfuriates me.

Here are a few thoughts:

1. Can we please use those two first round draft picks on DB's this spring? Pretty please. I promise, nobody will be angry.

2. This game now falls upon the front seven as pointed out by BelichickFan. Favre is injured (groin and ankle see other thread) and we must pressure him to make poor throws. Farve is the only player on GB that can beat us (we have proven we can beat ourselves).

3. We need to begin looking for Rodney's replacement now! I hope he has some very productive years left here, but the defense needs to get younger as soon as yesterday.

4. Asante is a solid corner. I feel he is a step above average. It is a good time to extend him if he will be reasonable.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Beers to you Frank! The true danger here is getting run over by the littles dodging the sky, that or stepping in some NEM while you're looking out for running littles.
What an image!

SeanBruschi54 said:
Ive had a night to sleep on it and Samuel being out still enfuriates me.

I don't have the full breakdown of Samuel's career in front of me but looking quickly he has only missed 3 games in the past 4 years. Started every game last year and this year, Samuel is not the problem with the secondary. I also could be wrong but Hobbs has missed at least 3 games during this time.

Corners get banged up, what makes me angry is how the secondary was setup by the FO during the offseason. The Pats were 31st in the league last year and our big improvements were Eric Warfield and a bunch of special teamers. We are on pace to be near the bottom of the league this season as well. Starting the year with only 4 corners is crazy especially since one of them is Mr. Injury Randall gay.

Is anyone really surprised that Harrison is missing some time and Gay is on the IR? A mid level veteran CB (Dyson, Will Allen, etc.) and a backup SS would have filled obvious holes in the roster.

Sounds like we need to score on offense early and often and go blitz Favre and force some mistakes.

QuinielaBox said:
Sounds like we need to score on offense early and often and go blitz Favre and force some mistakes.

Yes in a sense, but we do not want to get into a shootout with those WR. They will burn us pretty bad. I think solid steady football with a strong running game and dominant drives that end in TD's and not FG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes