PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two downgraded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Cornerback Asante Samuel and safety Eugene Wilson have been downgraded to 'out' for tomorrow's game against the Packers. Those are the only two player to be downgraded. More in a bit.

Reiss. **** . Lord is gonna make the packers passing look like Peyton

id be smart if Sanders started @ safety..let Scott play CB. we have no one if anyone else gets hurt

Damnit. Can't this team go one year without a thousand injuries?

Do we have 4 guys? I've lost count.

Hey, I've got a novel idea, why not pick up a DB?

RayClay said:
Do we have 4 guys? I've lost count.

Hey, I've got a novel idea, why not pick up a DB?

we have

Troy Brown, Spann, Baker, Andrews healthy as backups

Don Davis played safety a little in Jets game last year.

damn injuries

Remix 6 said:
we have

damn injuries

Spann is on the practice squad.

The current DB roster:

Andrews
Baker
Harrison
Hawkins
Hobbs
Samuel
Sanders
Scott
Wilson

What I expect:

LCB - Hobbs
RCB - Scott
FS - Hawkins
SS - Sanders

NB - Brown
DB - Baker

Emergency: Andrews, Davis

Last edited:
Sucks but we've managed before and we'll have to do it again. Other teams are hurt too. As Belichick would say, they aren't going to postpone the game until we're healthy.

Thanks, Pats1. Can Baker play at all? I know he has 2 INTs in limited time.

Any Buffalo fans? BMU?

RayClay said:
Thanks, Pats1. Can Baker play at all? I know he has 2 INTs in limited time.

Any Buffalo fans? BMU?

hes bad from what i hear..people laughed when we signed ihm

Sanders doesn't cover real well. Why can't the Patriots get DB's that don't get hurt so often? I guess you can't predict that.

soes anyone know what happened to Asante??? I mean seen the play later in the ga,e or how it happened??? Really is NOT good...let's hope the Pack is dumb..facre blows up and the Pats get an early lead and keeps it...

What happened to Samuel? Wow, yeah Favre is going to have a heyday with this secondary. Hopefully Brady feels up to gunslinging tomorrow because it looks like that's what it's going to take.

Remix 6 said:
we have

damn injuries

Too bad none of the players mentioned are actual DBs, but merely ST-only types.

DBs are generally the smallest, and therefore most fragile, position players on the roster. Maintaining quality depth therein is imperative. Having DBs who cannot play DB is ******ed.

captain stone said:
Too bad none of the players mentioned are actual Debs, but merely ST-only types.

Debs are generally the smallest, and therefore most fragile, position players on the roster. Maintaining quality depth therein is imperative. Having Debs who cannot play DB is ******ed.

Patriot depth at this position is actually remarkable. Tell me what other team could lose entire starting defensive backfield from beginning of the year and still be able to field an impressive group of veteran and rookie talent at starter to replace them.

Hawkins - Scott - Hobbs - Sanders are not a bad group at all. They will do just fine.

fgssand said:
Patriot depth at this position is actually remarkable. Tell me what other team could lose entire starting defensive backfield from beginning of the year and still be able to field an impressive group of veteran and rookie talent at starter to replace them.

Hawkins - Scott - Hobbs - Sanders are not a bad group at all. They will do just fine.

yeah...another injury secondary against #6 passing attack verse 2 good WRs..1 proven..1 a candidate for ROY. sucks to be a Patriot DB..your bound to get injured some how

fgssand said:

We shall see. I hope you're right.

NEM said:
Brett Favre is very mistake prone if given a good rush. If the Pats play soft he will eat our secondary up and spit out the pieces. We need to go after him on every possible passing situation. He will give up the football.
Stop it, NEM. We won't do anything on every possible passing situation. They'll rush at times and cover at times.

If we play good offense and the front seven plays well on defense we can easily overcome this. We've done it before, remember the Packers are a soft, overrated NFCN team just like the Vikings were.

Every year Samuel is hurt now. Every year.

This is just angering on staggering levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes