Welcome to PatsFans.com

Two Differing Storylines of the Same War in Syria

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, May 14, 2013.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Why is it that did Assad use chemical weapons on his people gets most of the press. Will Obama do anything about it goes along with that. Seems most of the stories that we hear ... unless we do the research ourselves are about how bad Syria is.

So Time runs a great story that balances things a bit. The brutal fighting of the rebels. Total disregard for life in this war. The truth of the rebels gets less play because our admin is already helping them. The Assad stories run because some want Obama to do more when some of us wish he would do less. The Assad stories run because Israel knows how to play the media. They are on Al-Qaeda's side on this one ... imagine that. Israel wants more Obama in this war ... we need less to no Obama in the war.

But this is not an Obama thread ... it's a media thread and how they can manipulate. The people who run the media seem to think they can pick winners and losers. How did that turn out pre and post Iraq? We cannot tell the media what to write ... but we must stay on top of the complete story to pressure Obama and his admin to stay out of that mess ... a war that has no shining warrior saving the country. Both sides are savages ... the Syrian people of course suffer as the people are always the ones who suffer. IMO ... I hope Obama distances us from it all and we'll deal with how it works out after.

Savage Online Videos Fuel Syria’s Descent Into Madness | TIME.com

Check out the graphic pictures ... bloody animals fighting this war on both sides.
    There will be no victors in this war ... as in Egypt - not much changes after regime change for the people.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  2. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +404 / 4 / -10

media is power.......because of who we have become as a culture

people sit there with drool cups.....becoming too angry to vote, to angry to run for anything.....media is helping to beat down the quality of the people we get to choose from to elect for office.....there are both better conservatives and better liberals who could get it done, but they are too busy avoiding this mess by staying in the private sector.

you really need to be some kind of prostitute to want to be in politics today

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Looks like the NRA's vision of America. Sorry for the hijack but I couldn't resist.

5. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

That red headed kid with the America t-shirt doesn't fight the stereotype of a Syrian.....

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

That pix looks "photoshopped" to me...

7. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +404 / 4 / -10

that was my first thought

8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

He's like the garden gnome statue you see in fromt of the Eiffel Tower, the pyramids and the Hollywood sign. He's a kid that goes around to all the war zones with his rifle and jumps into these pictures then runs away. Later on the guy in the picture asks the photographer: "Hey, Abdullah! Who's the Irish kid in this picture?"

9. Patsfanin Philly

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Mine too.Look at the kid in the far right. How is he sitting like that with nothing to support him....?

10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I think I screwed up with that pic ... but ... I'll leave it for 5hits and giggles and I'll own it ... :p:p:p

11. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ah, Syria... the predictable mess we knew it would be as Arab Spring blossomed slowly across the region once we removed our pet Saddam.

what did we expect? A clear choice? ... Gods, it's a civil war, with no pleasant winner on either side. ... yet worse, it's a religious war!!... Just like Iraq. The rebels are basically AQ and Sunni nutjobs. The regime is Iran's proxy. ... And it's all across the oil belt. ... a Pandora's Box WE opened up. ... Cheney was warned they'd all fall like dominoes, and he went ahead and did it anyway. D**k.

Remember how long cons resisted, and kept on insisting Iraq wasn't a civil war? LOL... Went on for like 2-3 years, long after it was beyond obvious. Now, no one dares deny Iraq became a civil war.

It will get worse. And if you think Egypt is over, you haven't been paying much attention.

That region has one export. It wants ever more of it for themselves as their population explodes. ... We in the West, however, can't have that. And instead we force them to turn the screws on their own people.

Add a crusty religious backstory to it all, and wallah! Instant demand suppression. ... For the countries that won't play ball, it's the perpetual skirmish in the middle East, fueled by Western economic hit men and the CIA. And if THAT doesn't work? Boots and drones.... It's all just the way we like it. It's reprehensible what we've been doing in the Middle East since WW2, and only a true asshat still fakes it and asks himself "why do they hate us?"

In any event, maybe when everyone is dead and the dust settles, we'll finally be able to find all those WMDs Saddam "moved to Syria." ... LOL!!

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Once again the long term effects of European Colonialism rears its ugly head..

13. Patsfanin Philly

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

You're not alone. I googled the info on the picture and it ran in the Washington Post so you're in good company....well never mind.......

14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

Nah, let's just take the oil....

15. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -1

Man is there any doubt whatsoever at this point we're going to have Arab political terrorists haunting this nation for decades?

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

This Syria one is the most baffling. We do not have the cahones to tell Israel we will take a pass this time. Unreal that Israel is also helping Al-Qaeda this time. I would think our best choice is to stay on the sidelines and let Syria fight for months on end. No victory for us here ... another tribal / religious battle like all the others.

Does Israel think that if the FSA wins it helps their Palestinian issue?

America is tired...I hope Obama says enough is enough we will deal with the victor in whstever manner helps the USA.

17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I know someone special would agree with you:

"Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence (I conjure you to believe me, fellow-citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican government. But that jealousy to be useful must be impartial; else it becomes the instrument of the very influence to be avoided, instead of a defense against it. Excessive partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people, to surrender their interests."

George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

The Muslim Bortherhood so beloved by Obama is calling for Jihad.

Way to go Barry ...

Muslim Brotherhood cleric calls for Sunni jihad in Syria - Telegraph

19. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +685 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

There are actually a fair number of red-headed Arabs around. I briefly dated a red-headed, green-eyed Palestinian girl in college. I thought she was your typical Scottish-descended maritime Canadian by her looks.

But I'm not so sure you can say Israel wants Obama involved. At least, the Israeli view of Syria appears to be very complicated, mostly because there isn't a whole lot of agreement within Israel about how to deal with the civil war. However, one thing all Israelis agree on is that American involvement in Syria lessens Israel's options considerably. Some might prefer that, while others may not.

20. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +685 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

By the way, I love how Hezbollah is playing themselves into the wrong side of history by siding with Assad. They're going to need to start another war with Israel to win their credibility back...

...coming to a theater near you.