PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yourself a favor and cancel your twitter account if that's the case

Twitter=Drama

such a waste...... over 1/2 of what is posted is useless and ppl feel they must share their daily happenings or current situations with the world.

You have friends right? Ever call up a friend and tell them about your day? This is just digital age of letting your friends know what's going on.

No I don't care if you are golfing and on Hole 17 and 4 under par. My God, if you wanna write your daily happenings.

Then don't follow that person, it's quite simple really.

Plus, @****mydadsays is pretty funny :p

Maybe I am getting too old, but I find Twitter stupid. Except for a few exceptions, I don't need to know everyone's random thoughts.

Well that's modern technology meeting pop culture. Scary but it will probably get worse before it gets better. As for young rich men going out and having fun you can't really expect them to stay home and watch the History Channel like me. If i had the modern do-dads these guys have nowadays when I was their age (about 40 yrs. ago) I would still be trying to live alot of embarrasement down to this day.

I agree with the person above who follows the media. I have a Twitter account and use it to follow the media (sports, weather, "mainstream", etc) and a few athletes. I don't care that my friend had ice cream 2 hours ago but I do like getting the instant updates from sources on topics like UF pro day (today) or a sporting event I cannot be at/see.

Twitter is the worst technological buzz invention to happen to this world in my lifetime. We now have access to information we shouldn't, and we're trying to read between the lines of 140 character "tweets".

Ever have a text message argument? NEVER ends well, because you can't possibly communicate effectively in short text only. Let's not start worrying about the upcoming season based on a few lines of afterthought sent out by a 22 year old kid... please?

Maybe I'm just an old fart, but Twitter is, indeed, stooooopid! Who has time to be issuing updates on their life every few minutes for the world to see? Who the hell cares? I have the same complaints about Facebook, Myspace and Linkedin, but that seems to be how people in their teens, twenties and thirties like to live these days. I don't do phone texting either, after some Australian company got hold of my cell number and was texting me horoscopes every few days and charging my phone bill $30 a month!

About the players: we like to assume that since these guys are making millions they are responsible and realize what a gift it is to play in the NFL. Keep in mind that few of them have really lived in the real world or know what it's like to have to struggle for a living. They've been coddled and spoiled and enabled along the way since high school. So, it might come as disappointment to some, but I EXPECT them to be stupid and immature. That's why they often need to be motivated to perform at the professional level. As much as it pains me to say this, it's sadly true.

Maybe I am getting too old, but I find Twitter stupid. Except for a few exceptions, I don't need to know everyone's random thoughts.

As for players Twittering, players are conducting their lives the same way they did before Twitter. We just know about it more because of it. If Bodden and Bulter are out drinking until 2AM and Twittering about it now, they would be still out until 2AM drinking without Twitter.

NSFW

http://twitter.com/****mydadsays

The 4 asterisks are a banned word to describe human solid body waste (begins with 's' and it's a hit). You need to replace the asterisks in order to access the page. That's the board censor ruining the link, not poor spelling on my part.

Last edited:
I don't understand the hate for twitter.

It's just an RSS feed anyone with 4 brain cells can use

it's useful for following sources you're waiting for news from

no one is forcing you to follow your friends or tell anyone what you're doing

I have a twitter account and follow many media members as well as some Patriot players. I must say, reading some of the players "twits" has me concerned for the season. Immature, unfocused. I know, I know, it's off season. But when Butler and Bodden go out 'tll 2:00 am and Butler "twits" that he hopes 2day's practice is "an off day" - I have a problem with it.

... do you think that athletes didn't go out and have a good time before Twitter came around? Of course they did: now you just hear about it. Butler was the first guy to show up, and we have no reason to believe that there's any problem whatsoever with him. I know that it's the offseason, and there's nothing really happening, but that doesn't mean that you should turn every non-issue into a huge problem.

I don't understand the hate for twitter.

It's just an RSS feed anyone with 4 brain cells can use

it's useful for following sources you're waiting for news from

no one is forcing you to follow your friends or tell anyone what you're doing

Yes, but my friends give me looks when they start talking about things they tweeted and I say I don't follow them. So I suppose, in fairness, it's like any tool... I don't have a problem with it so much as the arrogant hipsters around me who seem to gravitate towards it (not talking about you, just the sampling of people in my life).

Twitter is good and bad at the same time.

Good - You get information updates a lot faster. Examples: Draft day trades, free agent signings. They all appeared on Twitter faster than other mediums. Information FAST = Good.

Bad - A lot of people don't censor themselves on Twitter. They can make themselves look bad, and once they hit Tweet, they can't take it back. This is more a problem of people letting TOO MUCH info leak out and not being wise on how they use their Twitter.

In any case, I'm not against Twitter at all. It is useful for me and brings me information a lot faster when it used to take a lot longer to filter through traditional media outlets.

As for the people who put their feet in their mouths via Twitter. That's their problem not mine. I don't tweet everything I do to the world. The people that do so, do it at their own risk.

Yes, but my friends give me looks when they start talking about things they tweeted and I say I don't follow them. So I suppose, in fairness, it's like any tool... I don't have a problem with it so much as the arrogant hipsters around me who seem to gravitate towards it (not talking about you, just the sampling of people in my life).

yea i guess i'm lucky in that regard

if someone actually asked me why i'm not following their twitter i dont know if i would be able to contain my laughter

If that series of events took place with me, those people would no longer be my friends. Twitter's great for following sources that you don't communicate with regularly. It's not for knowing what your friends and coworkers ate for breakfast, and anyone who thinks that it is isn't worth following.

If that series of events took place with me, those people would no longer be my friends. Twitter's great for following sources that you don't communicate with regularly. It's not for knowing what your friends and coworkers ate for breakfast, and anyone who thinks that it is isn't worth following.

Excellent point!

That's apparently what Facebook is for.....

No, Facebook is for Farmville.

Must be MySpace then. Considering I don't use any of them, other than some specific RSS feeds for people like Schefter/Reiss/Price/Curran, I wouldn't know which of those sorts of sites to use for what.

Must be MySpace then. Considering I don't use any of them, other than some specific RSS feeds for people like Schefter/Reiss/Price/Curran, I wouldn't know which of those sorts of sites to use for what.

I use facebook for picture sharing and to set up a fan page for my writing. I'll update my status but I don't care if anyone reads it.

Almost as bad as the people who expect you to follow them, are the people that get mad when you ask them about a status:

"Hey, I saw your status that said, 'F this! I'm gonna end it all!' Everything ok?"

"Um, excuse me? None of your business!"

"Great... don't post it on the INTERNET then."

Hahaha, I was being sarcastic. Farmville is the worst invention of the last five years. Without exception, everyone who wastes their time with it is an idiot.

I agree with Garbanza.

Pass defense is the weakest part of the team and its troublesome to read these guys arent ready to knock heads this season. I hope the Pats draft another CB, because Butler, Wheatley and Wilcomplete dont do anything for me.

If he was playing today I bet Deion Sanders would be tweeting like a ************. Tweets have nothing to do with INTs. The boys are in the gym working hard and blowing off steam at night. Good for them. They can have a threesome with Coco and tweet all about it for all I care.

This is the offseason. I repeat, this is the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes