PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Twitter report: NFL investigation is more about NFL Officials, not Pats (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did say that over the weekend the NFL would make a announcement to that effect.
Ya but SharkofVegas has been pretty upfront that he disagrees with the source on that and doesn't think the NFL will rule until after the SB.

The refs denying they failed to check the ball is no different than the pat denying they tampered with them.

The league's press release on Friday basically said the refs did their job. I take this Tweet with a massive grain of salt.

I think what that presser confirmed was that Herr Goodell and the NFL isn't going to make the refs fall on the sword publicly for this.

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question. Much obliged

NFL owes the Patriots a big PUBIC apology.

All the character assassination on Belichick and Brady this past week was unwarranted, and has been a huge distraction before the biggest game of the year.

I won't be happy unless Goodell gets on the podium and apologizes to the entire organization, and Robert Kraft should be on the phone with him right now demanding it.

Remember when Goodell was in hot water about the Ray Rice situation and all the owners backed him up? This is where Robert Kraft needs to step up, and threaten to pull support from Goodell if he doesn't say something fast. DeflateGate has been a black mark on the organization and made everyone look bad. It's taken the steam out of winning the AFCCG and possibly derailed momentum and wasted time that could've been used studying for the Seahawks. DeflateGate will continue to be used to discredit all the Patriots hard work, unless the NFL completely exonerates the Patriots publicly.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Just a thought:

If the officials did the pre-game checks in the equipment room, what is likely to be in there? Surveillance, what did the Patriots happily hand over to the NFL? Video footage...

It's the logical step:

1. Did the Patriots tamper with the Footballs? A: No
2. PHYSICS?! A: Yes
3. Did the officials properly check the Footballs prior to kick off? A: Unknown

Then from there you'd have to go with "what were the Colts Footballs prepared like?"

That might actually be where this is all going because the real question is why did the Colts balls stay in spec?

I wonder if this is going to be a Goddell vs Biscotti/Irsay thing?

Had the Colts balls been checked under proper conditions a room temp with a max 13.5, how exactly did these things stay in spec?

The league's press release on Friday basically said the refs did their job. I take this Tweet with a massive grain of salt.

No it did not! Repeat...the NFL's statement DID NOT say the refs did their job (with respect to the footballs). Here is the excerpt from their statement which pertains:

"The investigation began based on information that suggested that the game balls used by the New England Patriots were not properly inflated to levels required by the playing rules, specifically Playing Rule 2, Section 1, which requires that the ball be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. Prior to the game, the game officials inspect the footballs to be used by each team and confirm that this standard is satisfied, which was done before last Sunday’s game."

Notice the tense of the word "inspect"...it was purposely written that way to connote the process typically used by officials...in accordance with League expectations. What wasn't explained, is what they mean by the term "confirm that this standard is satisfied", as has been pointed out by many on this forum. Lawyers wrote this statement, which is why you have to analyze every word...and the parsing of said words...to fully understand their intent. Otherwise the last sentence would have read like this:

"Prior to the game on Sunday, the game officials inspected the footballs to be used by each team and confirmed that the Patriot footballs all measured at least 12.5 psi, thereby satisfying the standard."

It really is interesting how some aspects of our society has evolved and some have not- 320+ years later.

If you go back and do some reading on the Salem Witch Trials, the characteristics are the same. Mass hysteria that reaches a fever pitch, fear, paranoia, extremism, false accusations and complete lack of regard in due process.

Amazing.
Lord Of The Flies reality show, my good man.....

I probably put less salt on our driveway last evening, and I had to use a s**tload.....

I like to give credit where credit is due.

1. I'd like to "Thank" the mediots for truely galvanizing the Pats fanbase.
2. I'd like to "Thank" BSPN for Mark Brunell for crying about a football.....pure comedy gold.
3. I'd like to "Thank" Coach Belichick for showing the world, that his "balls are properly inflated" :)

DI, I think the leaks of salacious details with no context would qualify, don't you?

What salacious details were leaked by the NFL?

No it did not! Repeat...the NFL's statement DID NOT say the refs did their job (with respect to the footballs). Here is the excerpt from their statement which pertains:

"The investigation began based on information that suggested that the game balls used by the New England Patriots were not properly inflated to levels required by the playing rules, specifically Playing Rule 2, Section 1, which requires that the ball be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. Prior to the game, the game officials inspect the footballs to be used by each team and confirm that this standard is satisfied, which was done before last Sunday’s game."

Notice the tense of the word "inspect"...it was purposely written that way to connote the process typically used by officials...in accordance with League expectations. What wasn't explained, is what they mean by the term "confirm that this standard is satisfied", as has been pointed out by many on this forum. Lawyers wrote this statement, which is why you have to analyze every word...and the parsing of said words...to fully understand their intent. Otherwise the last sentence would have read like this:

"Prior to the game on Sunday, the game officials inspected the footballs to be used by each team and confirmed that the Patriot footballs all measured at least 12.5 psi, thereby satisfying the standard."

Also, would like to add that Coach Belichick said that staff gave the footballs to the Refs, to inflate to 12.5 PSI. I think with the NFL statement (lack of wording) and Coach Belichick's statement, it is squarely in the hands of the Refs.

I just hope this doesn't come back and backfires at us in the SB in the form of some very shady officiating.

This torture. I want to believe the Patriots organization is completely innocent, but I'm dreading the sudden release of a photo depicting a Patriots employee in the act (you know the NFL is digging for that video/photo right now). It would hang Brady and Belichick by their own words. Anything is possible at this point.

Beware media outlets that have an agenda and are motivated to obfuscate or even alter the truth.

The majority of New England voters ought to pay attention now that they've seen this writ large here with Deflategate.

I just hope this doesn't come back and backfires at us in the SB in the form of some very shady officiating.

Unfortunately, we'd have know way of knowing how that was any different from what's been happening around the league all season,

I bet you the League issues a statement exonerating the pats in about 2 months on a friday afternoon after everyone has forgotten about it so that no one notices how badley they have screwed up in this witch hunt.

And in 5 years we'll be arguing with haters and they'll bring up Deflategate as a previous incident of the Pats cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes