PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Twitter report: NFL investigation is more about NFL Officials, not Pats (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only remember the pool scene...and one other
How about Spicoli buzzed and whacking himself on the side of his head with one of his Chuck Taylors? Pure gold...

I bet they took measurements. They didn't write them down but so what? The referees word is considered true.

The thing is if they WERE 12.5 then you would expect them to fall just as they did given temperature changes. So what difference does it make if they wrote down the numbers.

This investigation is as bad as Adam West trying to figure out who's stealing the water out of his plants.

Chatham comes up with some glorious turns of phrase. Such as:

I didn't realize Matt Chatham was the writer of that story until after I realized that the quality of writing was quite good, and I scrolled back up to see the name. What a pleasant surprise to see the author. I knew he was in the football media world, but he just became someone to read for me

True. They shouldn't need to talk to him. And that was Thursday I think. Maybe they talked to him Friday or saturday. An nfl guy said they were going to wrap it up in 3 or 4 days sometime last week I think.

He was just on ESPN and said they still haven't talked to him. So either they have no intention of resolving this before the SB (which is what I would bet on) or they've shifted focus away from the Pats.

He was just on ESPN and said they still haven't talked to him. So either they have no intention of resolving this before the SB (which is what I would bet on) or they've shifted focus away from the Pats.
Amazing. I think they wanted to interview him last. Get the full scoop so they can trip him up. But now they hopefully realize it's simple physics.

When Belichick says he investigated and they did nothing wrong, believe me he made damn sure in a way that probably spread fear thoughout the clubhouse. It would be nice, though, to have heard a little about that part of the process (after the officials give the balls back and during the game) that Belichick did not comment on. Were they all just exposed on the field where everyone could see?

The referees don't "give the balls back". They keep them until minutes before kickoff when they give them to the ball boys (who are paid by the NFL). The first time anyone from the New England Patriots touches one of the game balls handed to the ref 2 hours and 15 minutes before game time is on the first offensive series when Tom Brady takes a snap from center.

Amazing. I think they wanted to interview him last. Get the full scoop so they can trip him up. But now they hopefully realize it's simple physics.

Yeah, agreed. Even if they go through with that questioning I would love to be a fly on the wall for it. By now, I'm sure brady realizes they're a bunch of incompetent clowns.

The referees don't "give the balls back". They keep them until minutes before kickoff when they give them to the ball boys (who are paid by the NFL). The first time anyone from the New England Patriots touches one of the game balls handed to the ref 2 hours and 15 minutes before game time is on the first offensive series when Tom Brady takes a snap from center.
Exactly. And at that point there are dozens of cameras around.

I'm sure they plan on interviewing him this Saturday night. ;)

I will rage if the NFL doesn't end this before the Super Bowl.

Perhaps the NFL doesn't want their little Colts, Ravens, Jets, Goodell conspiracy getting out and revealing not just this attempt to punish the Pats with this ridiculous deflate gate, but that the over punishment of the Pats in spygate was also a conspiracy by Goodell and the Jets and other butthurt people to bring the hammer down on the Pats.

Agree. After the press conference with Coach Belichick throwing some verbal middle fingers at the NFL, I definitely believe that the focus is on something other than the Pats. To me, if the Pats had done something it would be done and dusted with a pretty bow on it by now.

Hey just throwing this out there, if it is the Jets behind all of this...plus the tampering charge that was filed with the league....wouldn't it be sweet to get 2 of their draft picks!

Won't happen, but in a perfect world it would...:)

NFL must investigate contact between Jets and Mike Kensil . They said this involved numerous teams and looking at forensics, digital evidence and communications. I think this is where it is all heading. If they don't follow it the Senate may.

Jets may not even get a chance to draft a QB. In the end, that 1st round pick might be ours...and maybe more than that. Rex maybe lucky to get away from that organization just in time.

NFL must investigate contact between Jets and Mike Kensil . They said this involved numerous teams and looking at forensics, digital evidence and communications. I think this is where it is all heading. If they don't follow it the Senate may.

I hope it doesn't get to the senate :), but there definitely could be a conspiracy here. The investigation should not end with the determination of whether the Pats deflated footballs.

Yeah you would think they would know, but given how the story is fading fast, stories being pulled, NFL hasn't talked to Tom, This is really odd. If it was a sting they should've measured, but then were the refs informed prior?

These are all questions that can't be answered right now, that I imagine we'll know the answers to as the investigation moves forward.

I don't know how much I'd agree that the "story is fading fast" though. That may be a difference of opinions. With media day approaching and a ton of unanswered questions, the story isn't going away.

I hope it doesn't get to the senate :), but there definitely could be a conspiracy here. The investigation should not end with the determination of whether the Pats deflated footballs.

Even talk here of us contacting our Senators and congressmen should be enough to have the NFL rattled. Congress doesn't like the NFL now and there seems to be enough to question was a NFL exec behind this setup. The Patriots have already been proven the injured party by science.

I know people love twitter. But to me it's like people writing on the stalls in the bathroom ( except the phone #'s)
Unfortunately, it's worse than that. 10,000 times worse. The mainstream media doesn't tailor their coverage based on bathroom wall scribblings like they do with twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes