PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Twitter report: NFL investigation is more about NFL Officials, not Pats (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if the NFL says this.

Hopefully this is true but like all tweets,blogs, etc I'm waiting for absolute proof with my own eyes.

Hell, before the BB presser I thought he was going to pull a Nixon and resign.

It's the logical step:

1. Did the Patriots tamper with the Footballs? A: No
2. PHYSICS?! A: Yes
3. Did the officials properly check the Footballs prior to kick off? A: Unknown

Then from there you'd have to go with "what were the Colts Footballs prepared like?"

Hopefully this is true but like all tweets,blogs, etc I'm waiting for absolute proof with my own eyes.

Hell, before the BB presser I thought he was going to pull a Nixon and resign.

I hear ya. Like I've said though, these guys seem to have a knack for being right, and would really love to give the big "FU" to all the mediots and haters.

I certainly hope this is true but I sorely wish there were official word.

Another reason the Patriots under BB have my loyalty and not anyone else. The NFL, as Curran wrote so aptly, left the Patriots in the mud on Friday with that crap press release. But they also left us fans right there in the mud with them. Who is the only one willing to address anything, who has been the only one trying to find some real answers? Bill Belichick. Know how I know, NFL? Because he TOLD US.

Isn't SharksOfVegas the same feed that told us that the NFL was going to call a press conference on Friday, and exonerate the Patriots?

It would be nice if the NFL says this.

Goodell and the NFL put the spotlight back on themselves? You having a laugh?

At best Goodell will say that while their is no proof of someone from the Pats tampering it doesn't mean there wasn't any and that the NFL will now be more vigilant in enforcing and checking the air pressure of the footballs before, during, and after games.

Last edited:
It's the logical step:

1. Did the Patriots tamper with the Footballs? A: No
2. PHYSICS?! A: Yes
3. Did the officials properly check the Footballs prior to kick off? A: Unknown

Then from there you'd have to go with "what were the Colts Footballs prepared like?"

I certainly believe #3 as the most likely scenario, and have thought that since this was leaked.

Stop putting sources and saying they're confirmations.

We have had wayyy too many confirmed "sources" over the last week that turned out to be BS. Just yesterday someone on this forum tried to say a "confirmed" source said it was Brady who was to speak yesterday. Huh, so much for that.

This guy is a source and may or may not be correct, but he is not a confirmed NFL source like the thread title states.

Isn't SharksOfVegas the same feed that told us that the NFL was going to call a press conference on Friday, and exonerate the Patriots?

No. I believe that was a poster on Boston.com, but in his defense, he only said the NFL was issuing a press conference, nothing pertaining to exoneration, and he was sort of right with their press release.

SharksOfVegas actually refuted the claim, so they still have some legitimacy.

They did say that over the weekend the NFL would make a announcement to that effect.

I know that the NFL would really hate to get a "black eye" at this point, but maybe, just maybe that is the reason they hired a 3rd party to do the investigation. When they couldn't find any evidence they decided to point the finger at the Refs.

I thought that was the random guy who claimed to have connections on the Boston.com forums. I do think Sharks of Vegas said we would be exonerated but they didn't say anything about a Friday presser.

I bet you the League issues a statement exonerating the pats in about 2 months on a friday afternoon after everyone has forgotten about it so that no one notices how badley they have screwed up in this witch hunt.

witch hunt.

It really is interesting how some aspects of our society have evolved and some have not- 320+ years later.

If you go back and do some reading on the Salem Witch Trials, the characteristics are the same. Mass hysteria that reaches a fever pitch, fear, paranoia, extremism, false accusations and complete lack of regard in due process.

Amazing.

Last edited:
The league's press release on Friday basically said the refs did their job. I take this Tweet with a massive grain of salt.

I totally understand what you are saying. Just sharing what I found, and have found them correct in the past.

Now, though since the NFL didn't find anything (I am assuming) with the Pats, it seems to be common sense that the Refs didn't do their job. I wouldn't put it past the NFL to hire a 3rd party, knowing the Refs didn't, to try and get out in front of the story to save a little face. Then they can say "Look, it was the Refs that f*cked up, not us, oh and BTW we fixed it now!"

I don't know about everyone else but I would find this funny as all hell if the source is legit?

I've always believed the Patriots practiced with these balls the week prior to the Indy Game. What was the weather? Like 19 degrees the week before? I believe they got deflated while practicing in the cold and they gave the refs the balls as is, expecting them to pump them up to 12.5. I think when asked by the NFL, the refs to protect their ass said "of course we tested the balls." It's a shame people just hate our team so much. Again, they fear what they don't understand. They just can't fathom how they have been good for so long because it's just not normal. So they go back to the old let's burn them at the stake. They must be in league with Lucifer after all.

Why that theory is so unbelievable to some is beyond me. Very few mediots have brought that up and it just blows me away how stupid this witch hunt is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes