Welcome to PatsFans.com

Twin blasts hit Egypt gas pipeline

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Twin blasts hit Egypt gas pipeline: officials | The Raw Story

Reason #2,154 why we shouldn't have a giant terrorist target running down the spine of our nation. I'm talking to YOU XL pipeline.

CAIRO — Two explosions on Monday hit a pipeline which supplies Egyptian gas to Israel and Jordan, marking the 13th such attack in just over a year, security officials said.

Six gunmen in an unmarked vehicle set explosives in two different parts of the pipeline, about 15 metres (yards) apart, one official told AFP.

Witnesses said they heard two separate explosions, causing flames to shoot 20 metres (65 feet) into the air in the Al-Massaeed area, close to the town of El-Arish in north Sinai.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I can't figure out what is worse,comparing a pipeline through the heartland of the US to one in a country that is in the midst of a civil uproar or pretending that the XL pipeline is the only pipeline that could be a target...Take a look at the existing pipelines in the US and realize that XL would be one of many.
    United States Pipelines map - Crude Oil (petroleum) pipelines - Natural Gas pipelines - Products pipelines

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Yikes!

Makes me wonder why the terrorists haven't hit a few of those? Instead we get underwear bombers and dudes who can't work car door locks?

Thanks for the info though

4. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Could it be because U.S. anti-terrorism measures are proving effective? (Just putting it out there).

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

BF, I always appreciate your perspective....

One of my in-laws flys drones in Afghanistan...we often talk about the lack of terror in the US since 9-11. Of course he attributes a lot this to the work that he and his crew do. A lot of me doesn't disagree with him...

But when I asked him "When we look at post 9-11, and see the attempted underwear, shoe and door lock bombers....do we think we are dealing with the terrorists 'B' or perhaps 'C' squad nowadays?"

He looked at me and said....maybe we are both right?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

That's kind of what I was getting at...I wonder if the B-team gets less attention...plus a lot of the A-team has been...umm...neutralized.

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If you have a problem, if no one else can help and If you can find them...maybe you can hire....

A-Team Intro High Quality - YouTube