PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tweets from today's Pats/Saints Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyser Söze

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/jeffduncantp

#Saints arrived at Gillette Stadium/Patriot Place a few minutes ago in a three-bus caravan. I hear in-practice tweets might not be allowed.

jeffduncantp - Set up in the press box, overlokking... Set up in the press box, overlokking Gillette Stadium. Practice starts in 40 minutes on adjacent practice fields

jeffduncantp - Patriots working on the main field. Patriots working on the main field.
jeffduncantp - Practice begins. #Saints on one field, Pats... Practice begins. #Saints on one field, Pats on the other.

#Saints coach Sean Payton and Pats Coach Bill Belichick are visiting with Jon Bon Jovi before practice here in Foxboro.

Brees hits Shockey for a nice gain on the first snap of team drills.

Ramsey hits Adrian Arrington for a couple of big gains on the first two plays of 2s vs. 2s. Then Chris Ivory gets a nice gain around end.

A couple of short runs by Hamilton and Bush followed by a dropped pass by Colston over the middle.

Brady hits Moss for 50-yard bomb between Greer and U. Young to bring the crowd to its feet.

Brady hits Brandon Tate for a big gain on a crossing pattern in 1s vs. 1s.

https://twitter.com/wwltvsports

Shocker no.1 of depth chart: game day chart shows montez billings as a no. 2 wr.

Billings is actually the no 4 receiver. Shanle is back

P Robinson had a good 1 on 1 period. Also, saints did a good job of shutting down R Moss.

Brady just connected with Moss in front of Greer and Young for a 50-plus yd completion. Brady had tons of time to let it develop

https://twitter.com/6trainingcamp

Very small contingent of Boston media here at Saints/Patriots practice...reason: Shaq introduced as a Celtic at 9:30am CST.

Brady just hooked up with Moss for a 60yd pass in 11-on-11 drills. Moss beat Usama Young.

I got this from the Saints forum....

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's training camp and all, but it looks like Randy Moss ate a 18-wheeler full of Wheaties this offseason. I'm excited to see how this carries over into the regular season.

I know it's training camp and all, but it looks like Randy Moss ate a 18-wheeler full of Wheaties this offseason. I'm excited to see how this carries over into the regular season.

Isn't Moss in the last year of his contract? If so, he could put up even better numbers than usual.

Last edited:
I guess that jeff guy didn't get the no tweet memo... He likely won't be tweeting the next practice, if he's allowed to observe it...LOL

Reiss tweeted after practice ended that Zoltan had a rough day.

Shalize tweeted that Welker participated in 11-11 vs. NO D.

Yeah, the tweets already got shut down.

Hey guys. Saints fan here...how come no tweeting is allowed at your team's practice? Is that normal, or only because of the special practice with the Saints?

Good luck next year!

Isn't Moss in the last year of his contract? If so, he could put up even better numbers than usual.

Correct sir, and I hope so!

Nice to hear the updates, eagerly awaiting more!

Hey guys. Saints fan here...how come no tweeting is allowed at your team's practice? Is that normal, or only because of the special practice with the Saints?

Good luck next year!

It's a Patriots policy.

Stick around.. some of the fans will post their observations about practice. I am going to the afternoon practice.

Good luck next year!

It's to stop certain bits of news getting out of our practices.

Like trick plays etc.

Not loving the updates out of camp this morning.

Brees continues to torch the secondary (to be fair Brady is torching theirs) and we are in desperate need of Logan Mankins.

it's a contract year for him, so i expect a big season.

Not loving the updates out of camp this morning.

Brees continues to torch the secondary (to be fair Brady is torching theirs) and we are in desperate need of Logan Mankins.

??

Do you have a link for this?

Because Bill believes knowledge is power and he ain't handing it to anyone at any point in the season (or off season or pre season). Reporters aren't even supposed to go into too much detail on exactly what is being worked on and how. This is pretty standard in season behavior for any team. In season access is so limited it's not often an issue. Most of what the media sees then is stretching.

That's why at the SB only a lone pool reporter (and usually a high profile one who can be trusted to be discreet) covers practices and feeds fairly inane info to his brethren. You won't here stuff like "that was what they were showing in practice" until you hear it from the in game crew, who either got it from the pool reporter or pre game sessions with the principles - again with the caveat that it was not for public consumption until the game is underway. The broadcasters knew Payton was going to use the onside kick a some point, but they never tipped his hand. Had they, no mediot would ever know anything in advance again and during broadcasts they would be stunned and look like tools...

Most teams are too concerned with media perception to put strict limits on access. All the BB protogees do, and they often pay the price as far as how the media treats them in return...

Thanks.

– The most interesting look came during the team period. It was a glimpse into how physical some of the newcomers would be. LB Brandon Spikes knocked G Carl Nicks on his butt during on running play, leaving Nicks shaking his head. He made a nice pass deflection on a throw intended for Marques Colston on the next play.

That's fairly impressive, given that Nicks is one of the better OGs in the league.

SBB has his report up and seems to echo Reiss assessment that it was a very competitive practice. He even leans toward we got a little of the better of them. I guess some people though expect every practice like every game to be a dominant performance...which in camp or under scripted conditions which is what these scrimmages are, good luck with that.

Thanks.

That's fairly impressive, given that Nicks is one of the better OGs in the league.

And a Guard who in my opinion is a little bit better than Mankins.

Really excited by Spikes

It's a Patriots policy.

Stick around.. some of the fans will post their observations about practice. I am going to the afternoon practice.

I plan to make the drive and be there too. Just checked the weather radar; looking good so far...

Brady hits Moss for 50-yard bomb between Greer and U. Young to bring the crowd to its feet.

Brady hits Brandon Tate for a big gain on a crossing pattern in 1s vs. 1s.

Brady just connected with Moss in front of Greer and Young for a 50-plus yd completion. Brady had tons of time to let it develop

https://twitter.com/6trainingcamp

Very small contingent of Boston media here at Saints/Patriots practice...reason: Shaq introduced as a Celtic at 9:30am CST.

Brady just hooked up with Moss for a 60yd pass in 11-on-11 drills. Moss beat Usama Young.

The bolded= awesome news! Great about Randy too, he's gonna have a banger season I think, just stay healthy!

With Shaq's intro over the afternoon should be crazy:D Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down