PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TV Maps: Week One vs Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay stuck with crappy Bucs vs Cleveland. My only hope is watch online or go to a bar in Tampa. Does anyone know of a watch party in Tampa for Pats fans?
Here's three options for you:

K-D's is on Hillborough Avenue at the Hillsborough/Pinellas county line. Bar is owned by a transplant from Mass. and is pretty much 99% filled with Pats fans on Sundays. Pats on the big screen and played through the stereo system as well, even when the Bucs play. Not the fanciest place in the world but you won't find better drink and food prices anywhere. Limited menu but a great value.

Boston's is on Anderson Road just south of Linebaugh and east of Veteran's Expressway. Much bigger and better menu than K-D's. Big gathering of Pats fans here.

If you're on the east side of Hillsorough county the Beef O'Brady's in Plant City gets a large group of Pats fans there from what I have heard from a few sources.

I'm not going to take sides, take your pick; a lot will surely depend on your exact location. Or try all three over the course of the season.

One other thing to keep in mind: the Bucs are not going to sell out this week, which means their game will get blacked out; they have until the end of the day Thursday to do that. That will result in either the Pats, Dolphins, or Jaguars game probably ending up being shown in Tampa on Sunday. There should be an announcement they did not sell out at that time, followed by an announcement by the CBS station in Tampa regarding which of those three games they will show in its place.

Last edited:
Here's three options for you:

K-D's is on Hillborough Avenue at the Hillsborough/Pinellas county line. Bar is owned by a transplant from Mass. and is pretty much 99% filled with Pats fans on Sundays. Pats on the big screen and played through the stereo system as well, even when the Bucs play. Not the fanciest place in the world but you won't find better drink and food prices anywhere. Limited menu but a great value.

Boston's is on Anderson Road just south of Linebaugh and east of Veteran's Expressway. Much bigger and better menu than K-D's. Big gathering of Pats fans here.

If you're on the east side of Hillsorough county the Beef O'Brady's in Plant City gets a large group of Pats fans there from what I have heard from a few sources.

I'm not going to take sides, take your pick; a lot will surely depend on your exact location. Or try all three over the course of the season.

One other thing to keep in mind: the Bucs are not going to sell out this week, which means their game will get blacked out; they have until the end of the day Thursday to do that. That will result in either the Pats, Dolphins, or Jaguars game probably ending up being shown in Tampa on Sunday. There should be an announcement they did not sell out at that time, followed by an announcement by the CBS station in Tampa regarding which of those three games they will show in its place.

Thanks for the info! Boston's would be closest for me as i live on Busch bout 3 miles away, maybe catch a movie before the game at the AMC. I'll wait for the info about CBS and the Yucs before i head out.

Last edited:
Sweet. Thanks for posting this. I always forget to check. Looks like the Pats are on free TV here in Denver. Then the Eagles game as well. Party at home instead of the bar.

How do you figure? CBS is going to broadcast the the Broncos playing the early game, same time that the Pats are playing. Please tell me I'm wrong!

Thanks. I assumed we'd get it in the City, but it's nice to know for sure.

Visiting my daughter down in Philly, so I will get the game.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very good

Thank god for NFL Sunday Ticket... the Bills are 'Toronto's team' and so their games are always the ones shown here. Even better, all Ticket games are in HD this year for the first time :D... in the past, it was just 3 or 4 games

I'm just curious, are Jim Nantz and Phil Simms consider the A-team? I like them, but Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf are also pretty good. Some of the others like Ian Eagle and Fouts are painful. Kevin Harlan is OK for basketball. I don't know who the heck Spero Dedes is. Wasn't he the VP under Nixon?

I'm out of luck of course, Miami vs. Buffalo :mad:

However, this will be the first time I'll be able to stream the game online from my home :D

I'm just curious, are Jim Nantz and Phil Simms consider the A-team? I like them, but Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf are also pretty good. Some of the others like Ian Eagle and Fouts are painful. Kevin Harlan is OK for basketball. I don't know who the heck Spero Dedes is. Wasn't he the VP under Nixon?

Yes, as far as I am concerned, CBS has the weakest A team of the 3 networks but they have the best B team.

Yes, as far as I am concerned, CBS has the weakest A team of the 3 networks but they have the best B team.

I feel CBS has the best A team. I hate Joe Buck/Aikman and not a big fan of NBC.

I feel CBS has the best A team. I hate Joe Buck/Aikman and not a big fan of NBC.

I like Aikman and hate Buck. Nantz is OK but I think Gumbel and Simms would be the best team.

Yeah, Nantz/Simms is the A-team. I remember they did Pats/Colts in 2007 when both were unbeaten and most premier matchups I definitely remember those two. One of the few pairings I really like these days

Yeah, Nantz and Simms are CBS' top team of announcers, Gumbel and Deirdorf #2. Looks like Spero Dedes and Randy Cross are the #8 pairing, which means they don't even get to work a game every week.

CBS Sports Announces 2010 NFL Broadcast Team

• Jim Nantz/Phil Simms
  • Greg Gumbel/Dan Dierdorf
  • Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts
  • Kevin Harlan/Solomon Wilcots
  • Gus Johnson/Steve Tasker
  • Bill Macatee/Rich Gannon
  • Don Criqui/Steve Beuerlein
  • Spero Dedes/Randy Cross

For inter-conference games the broadcasting rights goes to the network of the visiting team. I would think it would be the other way around, give it to the network of the home team, as the production crew would be more familiar with the facilities there, but I suppose there's some other reason for doing it that way.

Regardless, there are two home and two road non-conference games for every NFL team every year. This year Minnesota and Green Bay play in Foxboro. The Packers is a Sunday night game which is NBC, so the Pats will be on FOX only once. That will be against the Vikings on Halloween and I can't imagine that not being their number one game, which means Aikman and Buck will announce that one.

We now only have 1 game at a time, we used to get 2 at a time, and Sky Sports are showing Carolina - NYG and SF - Seattle! Get choice of games ;)

Thank god for the internet :)

I like CBS, Fox and the NBC game crew. Even MNF has a good crew now. SNF is not the same without Madden though. He was my favorite.

Thank you so much for providing these links jmt57. Yes I'm one of the out of towners without Sunday Ticket so this helps me out immensely.

Schefter has reported that the Tampa game hasn't sold out, so is having a blackout in Tampa! Go them ;)

Schefter has reported that the Tampa game hasn't sold out, so is having a blackout in Tampa! Go them ;)

Great now i get to watch the Bills and Phins if i dont go out...:enranged:

Last edited:
Great now i get to watch the Bills and Phins if i dont go out...:enranged:

Tampa Bay - Cleveland doesn't exactly shout excitement to begin with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back