PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Turnovers, take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFaninAZ

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Last week we were one of only two teams to win despite having more turnovers than our opponent, and the only team to win despite a -2 in turnovers.

Today, we were -2 (-3 if you count the blocked field goal) until the final play of the game, which was essentially unnecessary since an incomplete pass there ends the game pretty much anyway.

It will be interesting to see how many teams won this week despite having more give-aways. It's never that many in any given week, and it's rare to lose the turnover battle on the road and win.

Speaking of turnovers:

Gumby said:
What I saw was the kick trajectory was going high; but the jest guy split the gap between Center and Right Guard and was able to get into the backfield in front of the kick and jump up high enough to get a hand on it.

just terrible special teams blocking up front.

(That is what I saw from just one replay so someone with digital copy will have to validate)
It looks like O'Callaghan was playing to block someone on the outside shoulder, and didn't block down, allowing the defender to penetrate between Hochstein and O'Callaghan, where Hoch was blocking down to keep the middle clear. Not knowing who necessarily should block which defender, rule of thumb is you block from the inside out - I'll hang this one on the rookie OT.

bump .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back