PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Turning the Tables on Mikey

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mikey has made over 20 posts declaring the very same point. His panic that the Patriots FO is squandering the prime of Tom Brady's career by being "cheap" with their big stars.

OK.

Shouldn't someone be questioning the strategy of BILL POLIAN in squandering the prime of Peyton Manning's career by creating a top-heavy, no-depth team that runs out of gas in January every year? Peyton is two years older than Tom, and has won NO Super Bowls. Isn't HIS biological clock ticking?

shmessy said:
Shouldn't someone be questioning the strategy of BILL POLIAN in squandering the prime of Peyton Manning's career by creating a top-heavy, no-depth team that runs out of gas in January every year?

Poor Peyton is about to find out what life is really like without Edgerrin James (ditto James Mungro).

Actually Mikey is a victim of circumstance - he lives near the toxic waste dump known as the Meadowlands and he reads too much of the tripe the NY/NJ media spew.

I pity him, and have given up on correcting his misguided musings let alone attempting to save him from his location induced anxiety disorder. Freud would struggle with Mikey. :D

no, this is a patriots board. We care about patriot wins.

shmessy said:
Mikey has made over 20 posts declaring the very same point. His panic that the Patriots FO is squandering the prime of Tom Brady's career by being "cheap" with their big stars.

OK.

Shouldn't someone be questioning the strategy of BILL POLIAN in squandering the prime of Peyton Manning's career by creating a top-heavy, no-depth team that runs out of gas in January every year? Peyton is two years older than Tom, and has won NO Super Bowls. Isn't HIS biological clock ticking?

The guy has a point, Brady is now in his prime and sometimes I do wish the FO would cave in to Branch and give Brady a semi decent #1 WR to work with. Lesser QBs have had insane WRs to work with and it's sad to see us without one.

But, principle is principle, and one bad precedent will only do more damage later on.

Mikey is a victim of Mikey. That is why he is the first permenent member of my "dead to me list".

edgecy said:
The guy has a point, Brady is now in his prime and sometimes I do wish the FO would cave in to Branch and give Brady a semi decent #1 WR to work with. Lesser QBs have had insane WRs to work with and it's sad to see us without one.

But, principle is principle, and one bad precedent will only do more damage later on.

Perhaps we should not lose sight of the forest for the trees.

Look at that TE unit.

Look at that RB unit.

Look at that OL.

Brady is smiling like a Cheshire Cat these days.

Focusing on only the WR unit while ignoring the OL, TE and RB units in saying "poor Brady" is a good example of tunnel vision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye