Welcome to PatsFans.com

Turning our ports over to a Saudi company

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Pujo, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Do even Bush's supporters agree with him on the Dubai Ports World sales? Doesn't this smack of business interests ahead of national security interests?

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Smacks more of treason to me. The "For Lease" sign on the white House has been removed and replaced with "For Sale".

3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

4. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

5. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Fox News website is covering it but CNN.com makes no mention of the story today.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,185401,00.html

This should be ALL OVER THE NEWS! How does a corporation that is owned by the "state" of UAE get this contract? It goes into effect March 2 of THIS YEAR and we're just hearing it NOW?

The idiot democrats fight it by putting up Menendez (D-NJ) and Clinton (D-NY)! Talk about tacit approval!

Incase you forgot, this is the same country that produces 2 of the 9/11 hijackers and also was the conduit for nuclear material for the Pakistani weapons program which is fully operational, now.

This is TREASON !

6. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Funny how the DHS made a big stink about the Cuban baseball team coming to the US, but have no problem handing over the ports to a foreign government.

I'm with you wista.....Where are the news channels? Where are the senators?

The country is going down the toilet while the government watches.

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

I think this is a political game on both sides. The question I have is why would Bush put this idea out there? He must have known it would play perfectly into the Democratic playbook, so I suspect he's up to something. If Clinton was President, I'd be okay with Dubai running the ports, but having Bush and gang negotiate the contract will leave our country neither more secure nor richer. Someone bad will make a bundle of dough in this deal.

8. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The government is the one pushing the handle down. This blows my mind more than anything in a while! I'd rather see Halliburton get the contract, and that's BAD!

The Silence is deafening. What the hell do we do?

I can't believe the repubs are willing to let this slide. The chimp handlers must have photos of EVERYONE doing it with farm animals (sorry for the mind-numbing imagery). What's more incredible is how the Dems have an issue like this handed to them in giftwrap, and all they can do is send up these clowns?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  9. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

10. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I wouldn't be OK with this if George Washington was president (well, maybe him, but not anyone else). Patters, you're really showing off your biased chubber for the Clinton admin, here. You'd "be okay with Dubai running the ports"? Are you nuts? These animals would stab us in the back for money and you know it. This is a matter of national security if there ever was one, and you'd leave it up to our enemies?

Excuse me, I have to apply for a new job in Colorado. It's gonna suck to have to fly in for Pats games. Duck and Cover you east coasters!

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Wistah, all I can say is that you don't know many Arabs or Muslims. I would wager that much less than one percent of them are even potential terrorists. In Cambridge and Boston, I interact with people of Muslim descent everyday. Most of them seem like completely ordinary people. Have you had a much different experience? Are there a lot of suspicious acting and looking Arabs in your area?

12. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

But this isn't about individual Muslims, it's about the government of the UAE having access to our ports.

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Not one. Arab-Americans are cool with me. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to "suspicious acting" people - except in the context of my kids and business dealings - but I'm not clueless when it comes to nations and governments who have a track record of international terrorism and nuclear proliferation on the sly. Are you trying to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative? I honestly thought EVERYBODY should be deeply concerned about this!

14. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Wistah, I'm just hesitant about the knee jerk reaction. I must confess my knowledge of Dubai is that it's a rich man's playground and its in the Arab world, that's it. In general, I think the more things are intermingled, the less interest everyone has in declaring war. That's why I largely oppose the left-wing globalization movement (though I agree that there need to be better economic safeguards for workers). So, in answer to your question, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm not yet convinced that having Dubai run some of our ports represents a threat.

15. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Let me get you started on your research:
    http://www.middle-east-info.org/league/uae/uae.htm

16. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Patters isnt concerned because cnn and msnbc havent told him to be. Only Fox News who supposedly was in Bush's pocket is making this an issue.

17. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

While I am sure they would undergo appropriate scutiny, it's difficult to be in favor of this.

18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bush's DHS scumbag Chertoff is all for this deal. Treason is what it is. There are traitors leading our government right now. This explains why Chertoff could care less about NO...

19. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Alkl you Bush-ball-washing cawksukas have to admit this prik's a friggin' traitor, at this point. The silence is deafening...

20. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Bush had nothing to do with it.