PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Turner and Smith to return in San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
San Diego Chargers Chairman of the Board & President Dean Spanos today officially ended speculation and confirmed that General Manager A.J. Smith and Head Coach Norv Turner will return in 2012.

“Bottom line, I believe these two men give us the best chance to get back to the playoffs,” Spanos said. “A.J. Smith is the best man to improve our roster, and Norv Turner is the best man to lead that roster on the field.

Turner, Smith to return

That is great news. Turner keeps San Diego from becoming elite like the Pats:D

Up with mediocrity!

Spanos is obviously unfamiliar with the definition of insanity

San Diego records in the last four years:

8-8
9-7
13-3
8-8

Spanos canned Marty after 14-2, but he's letting these two stick around after that four year stretch. The AFC West is, no doubt, very grateful.

Spanos is obviously unfamiliar with the definition of insanity

Greg Bedard is having a field day with this on Twitter:

Now taking over Al Davis' role as crazy NFL owner from California, Dean Spanos.

Turner after blowing game to Patriots: "I am so excited about our football team."

You would never, ever hear Bill Belichick or any other good coach say that after committing four turnovers.

Or this a day later: "Yesterday, we were four turnovers away from having a chance." I feel bad for Chargers fans. They don't deserve this

Imagine their talent on offense, if well-coached, and supplemented by a sound defensive philosophy, and some semblance of special teams play.

But no!

Cool, actually... one less team to worry about.

SOJ = Same Old Jets.
SOC = Same Old Chargers.

:singing::singing::singing::singing:

San Diego has a ton of free agents coming up:

Tolbert
Vincent Jackson
Crayton
Their center Hardwick
Nose Guard Antonio Garay

Hardwick may retire, but they have alot of rebuilding to do, and that roster is not even close to the one that Rex would have won those two Superbowls with.

I can't belive these guys still have jobs.

Awesome, AJ Smith sucks at drafting....living off that monster draft orchestrated by his predecessor. And the Chargers will continue to be mediocre....

San Diego has incredible talent, but one of the crappiest coaches in the NFL..

I applaud this decision..

It's not a laughing matter but his Dad has Alzheimer's and they have recently found a familial genetic link to the early onset variety...

Last edited:
Well I guess the Chargers will continue to simply be average with their version of Gary Kubiak still employed their as their HC.

Some Charger fans I know are saying that this is the nail in the coffin that the Chargers will be in LA for 2013..

I would like to hear a valid explination and rationale for this decision. San Diego is game for game, season for season the least prepared and fundementally unsound team in the NFL. How many games did they lose last year because of the poor play of their special teams unit. And this year...
Never fear however, come prediction time in August they will once again be THE team everyone fears.

I would like to hear a valid explination and rationale for this decision.

Norv has compromising pictures of Spanos, J. Edgar Hoover style. That's what a bum outside of Qualcom told me two years ago.

Norv has compromising pictures of Spanos, J. Edgar Hoover style. That's what a bum outside of Qualcom told me two years ago.

I heard a rumor they are old high school friends. I don't know if that's the truth, but one disgusted Chargers fan told me it was a fact.

Ahaha that is hilarious they are going bananas over there:D
The SD fans must be going out of their minds, but since i think Chargers fans are a notch below jests fans let them suffer. That being said Spanos is out of his mind, hes an example of a terrible owner.

Last edited:
Poor Chargers fans...when will that team learn Norv isn't head coaching material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes