Welcome to PatsFans.com

Turmoil in Tulsa: The illegal immigration wreck

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

This will be the #1 issue come November 2008. This is the issue that just destroyed John McCain. I had this happen to me, only the driver was totally trashed, and when I called the cops, they told me they were too busy to bother. Good thing illegals are held to the same level of accountability as the everyday citizen. :rolleyes:

Turmoil in Tulsa: The illegal immigration wreck

For reader, accident with apparent illegal alien crystallized city's changes

For Rutledge, a car accident personalized the issue. He and his wife were waiting in their pickup at a traffic light one evening when they were hit from behind by a vehicle traveling about 30 miles an hour. They were not badly hurt, only stunned.

More shocking, though, was what they heard from the police officer who responded to the accident: The other driver, a young Hispanic man, did not speak English, did not have a driver’s license or insurance. The officer suspected the man was an illegal immigrant, Rutledge said, but he did not check his immigration status because such inquiries weren’t allowed in misdemeanor cases.

Before taking the other driver to jail, Rutledge said, the officer told him he should just go home and forget about it.

‘There's not much to be done’
    “He said, ‘We do a lot of this kind of thing and we can tell you that there's not much to be done about it,’” Rutledge recalled.

It’s not clear what happened to the suspect after that. Tulsa police were not able to locate an accident report on the incident.

But officers said that the maximum penalty the man could have faced for driving without a license, a misdemeanor, would be 30 days in jail. Driving without insurance is only a ticketable offense.

Rutledge said he was floored by the experience. Not only would his own insurance company have to absorb the cost for repairing his truck, but the other driver was soon going to be back on the streets.

“It was … a feeling of helplessness,” he said. “There's no recourse, there's nothing to do.”

Rutledge began comparing notes with friends and family and found that many had a similar story with a similar outcome. That got him thinking about the bigger picture.

“I think that when someone comes in this country illegally, it starts a tradition or culture,” he said. “You come in illegally; everything you do from that point on is illegal. And so it's almost impossible to get a driver’s license or insurance so you just start breaking one law after another. I think it’s seductive. I think after a while ... you don't pay too much attention to rule of law that this country was established on.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19466978

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

But it comes down to what are illegals doing in Tulsa? Probably working in meat packing plants, working the fields and doing other dirty jobs.. when companies stop hiring illegals to increase their profit margin things might be a little different. People do not want to settle in places unless their is work.

3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

My daughter didn't get a job at a local nursery this year that she applied for. Her boy friend applied at the same time and he didn't get the job. They were told all their positions were already filled. My wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago and there were 4 mexicans working there.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

All the Politician Scumbags want from you is your vote then they sh!t all over you after you elect them, the American People do not want foreigners pouring into America ILLEGALLY, who knows what they bring with them from crime to disease, how many Rapers and Pedophiles come with them, how many Cold Blooded Murderers, how many carriers of disease, your country has been Invaded, your President, America's Left Wing Liberals, and most all Democrats have helped the enemy INVADE AMERICA, now they not only want you to welcome the Invader they want YOU to adapt to his way of life, the Invader is to lazy and arrogant to learn the country's language so your PANDERING, SLOBBERING, PHONY, SLIMEY LIBERAL SOCIETY wants you to kiss the a$s of the rotten invader and learn his language, imagine how country's like China and Russia must laugh at us.

Liberals & Looney New Democrats always bleat about "freedom" in a few years wait until some of these Illegal Bastards start entering politics and get a little power then watch your "freedom sh!t" go down the drain, they will turn America into one giant South American Spanish SH!T HOLE.

Note to racist twins:
    "hey Jessie Jackoff & Al, wait until you try to pull your "Racism Act" with "The New Ones".

Speaking of the two Racists (Al & Jess) why are they so quiet on the Illegal Aliens, could it be they see Competition, does this mean we might see a couple of Spanish Jesse & Al’s start pushing them out of the spotlight?

STOP HIRING THEM (jail sentence for anyone that does)
    NOTHING FREE
    Then they will leave on their own and no more will come.

George Bush
    Crazy McCain
    Most all New Democrats
    They led the charge and are responsible for the VICTORY of the Criminal Illegal Aliens Invasion, another war lost, America will never be the same for your Grandchildren, do any of you lefty’s really believe that a government run by Spanish Speaking People Or Middle East Muslim Fanatics would read you your Miranda Rights :singing:

Today, America’s biggest enemy is it’s elected leaders.
    Also, do you know that 95% of all FELONS vote democrat.

I'm all done voting :bricks:

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

They were available, probably cheaper, probably slept in a moldy trailer in the back and did not have to worry about finishing or going back to school...

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I dunno, the economic effects of any solution are still scary. If you eliminate all illegal workers you end up with too many jobs chasing too few workers. That's a lot of inflation to worry about. If you suddenly make all these illegal workers legal, you still have inflationary pressure because they're all going to demand the same legal work benefits everyone else gets, stuff like SSI, Workman's Comp, Unemployment, overtime etc. That's costlier too.

The only solutions I see are the status quo, which no one seems to like, or the Bush/Kennedy plan. Anything else puts our economy back in the 70's with endless stagflation. Who in god's name wants that?

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Did you see the legislation they passed in that state to combat illegal aliens? That's what they did.

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

That's cuz they could hire the 4 at the cost of your 2. Why? Cuz Joe Taxpayer subsidizes the rest. :D

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

:rofl:

The Bush Kennedy plan or the status quo.... :rofl:

10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You dismiss my thoughts while the only thing you provide is

'just throw them all out.'

As though that wouldn't have any consequences:rolleyes:

What's real funny is that even Harry doesn't buy his own bs, but I think you believe yours. You're just arrogant enough to think that if you were charge all of the world's problems would just fade away.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Nah, problems will always present themselves, only to varying degrees.

I've sad this before, and I'll say it again (for the 1,000th time). All we need to do is enforce the laws we already have on the books, while maybe adding some extra penalties to business' who hire illegals, and seal the border once and for all. When we do that, seal the border and enforce the laws, we will weed out, and eliminate the the problem we have today. It won't happen overnight, but will certainly happen over time.

12. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Back in the day when I had a job........I worked in Texas for a contract management company. This was back in the early 90's and if you hired an illegal alien you were subject to a fine of $10,000. Don't know if anyone else was ever fined, but I made sure I crossed all my t's.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

George Bush was just on TV (grinning again) and for the first time since the year 2000 I turned him off, I can no longer stand that smirk, it isn't the war, Democrats and Republicans alike wanted to go after Iraq, we now know that was a terrible mistake, the Iraqi Scum People deserved Saddam, he knew how to handle them, he was one of them, complete swine, ungrateful dog pigs, when I see them throwing Iraqi's off rooftops now on the History Channell instead of screaming obcenities I now stand up in my living room and cheer, my wife will no longer watch the news with me, in fact she will no longer watch anything with me, I have a picture of an old Iraqi hag in a black sheet begging Saddams sons not to cut her husbands tounge off on my refrigerator door, I just made my own tee shirt with a magic marker that says
    "Bring Back Saddam" on the front and on the back I printed "Cut Their F-cking Legs Off".

Our young troops should be taken out of that stinking filthy Iraqi Dump, those people do not deserve to have our American youth walking among them, they are ungrateful murdering savage swill.

Now, back to Bush, it isn't the war, it's the rotten illegal criminal aliens, when I see Bush grinning and when I see pictures of those bastards sneaking like rats out of a hole across our borders I stand up in my living rroom and yell "f-ck you, you smelly greasy son of a b!tches" then I wonder, what kind of a rotten cesspool is that scummy little country called Mexico that makes MILLIONS of it's people scurry through the night like worms then slink over our borders and sneak into our country.

When I see Bush's grin and when I see Crazy McCain blabbing his political sh!t I think about the law abiding American Citizen down there on one of the border states who works and pays taxes looking out of her kitchen window at 6:00 AM and seeing 15 or 20 Mexicans taking a bath in her swimming pool that's when I start thinking Impeachment, not for the war but for that poor hard working women who has Illegal Aliens pissing in her swimming pool at six o'clock in the morning.

I'll never vote again, it's all over for me, all I have left is my horse, my little beach, some clams and my neighbors wife, she isn't much, she only has one tit but she's a good women
    :bricks:

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Considering how many invaders have infiltrated our country since 1987, I'd guess that there weren't too many of those $10k fines being doaled out.

15. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That last line got me laughing out loud at the shop here.
    I better get back to work before they catch m

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

ROFL! I guess one is better than none! :eek: