Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tuna to Quit?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by smg93, Apr 1, 2006.

1. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Brady#12

Brady#12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:eek: WOW didn't take T.O long to work his magic :rocker:
  3. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

April Fools!!!! gets one of them every year.....
  4. Brady#12

Brady#12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: nice one :eat3:
  5. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you read the articles, the ones on top where the parcells story is located is not part of their April Fool's edition. I wasn't sure at first when I read it because I thought it was an april fool's gag but it looks like this story could actually be true. Since I haven't seen it anywhere else though, I'm still not sure.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  6. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

Did I tell you about my brother who's trying to get gold out of Nigeria? I think that we may be able to come to some financial arrangement. ;)
  7. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where do i send my bank details? ;)
  8. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I liked the CUpepper email, chekc out the April Fool's one liners:

Falcons QB Mike Vick has settled his herpes case for $1.9 million and a lifetime supply of Valtrex.

Let go Ron Mexico!!!!!!
  9. tatepatsfan

tatepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

(Editor's note: If you haven't realized it -- and we feel sorry for your family and co-workers if you haven't -- all of the above stories and one-liners are phony. This is our annual April Fool's edition, and the real news and rumors will be posted later this morning.)

It says this at the bottom of the one-liners...I'm pretty sure thats a joke.
  10. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Some other good ones:

But in deference to the original hoodwinked poster, there are some very real rumblings based on Parcells continued silence on the T.O. issue

By his continud silence its seeming increasingly likely that Parcells was not fully on board with the decision to sign T.O.

... and we all know how the Tuna feels about shopping for the groceries

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14231387.htm

OUCH!! - And that's no April Fools story either.
  11. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Look Buddy - when the son of the President of Nigeria asks you for help, YOU HELP! His father is the friggen PRESIDENT - its not like there's any risk involved.
  12. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

13. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Bhahaha... I hardly watch TV but just yesterday saw that episode of The Office on the wife's DVR. :)
  14. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think we've all done what has happened to you. I've been soooooo gullible in my time. From the bottom of the page:

(Editor's note: If you haven't realized it -- and we feel sorry for your family and co-workers if you haven't -- all of the above stories and one-liners are phony. This is our annual April Fool's edition, and the real news and rumors appear below.)
  15. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

But... but... but... Parcells quitting? Parcells and Jerry Jones having a falling out over a personnel decision? T.O. disrupting team harmony?

It's all so PLAUSIBLE! :confused:

Besides, I really wish it WERE true! I still hate that fat bast*rd. :mad:
  16. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh well, I guess they just explained that it was all a joke in their updated rumor mill page. I first saw it without those explanations so yes, Jokes on me! haha. :D But the idea is still plausible in a way. So who would quit or be let go first? Any ideas? Parcells or T.O.?
  17. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

It's very plausible - seeing as Parcells STILL hasn't commented on th TO signing.

The new CBA also prohibits teams refusing to activiate players as a disciplinary move - preventing Parcells from doing what Reid did last year.

Seeing as Parcells is in the last year of his contract and TO isn't going anywhere, I think the answer to your question is clear
  18. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Like I said, I've been "done" by this sort of thing a number of times. I would have fallen for it, if you hadn't!
  19. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

What is interesting is below the April Fool's stories is a legitimate Parcells qutting story...funny if they got fooled themselves..
  20. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

21. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

It is very plausibl that Tuna hangs it up after this year. Then again,​
    Tuna won't hang it up for good until he's packed tight in a Starkist can.​

[​IMG]
  22. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That stuff is NOT to be confused with Lutefisk (cod soaked in lye), which, in the world of haute cuisine is regarded as it's close cousin! (Pssst! It's Norwegian. That's why!)
  23. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Under normal circumstances (he never finishes what he starts) last year should have been Tuna's final year in Dallas. Jerry signed him to a one year extension for 2007 to insure he finish the original contract he signed on for through 2006. After this season all bets are off.

I can see how Tuna would be torn about the TO scenario. He wants to win one without BB and go out on top. But it is also pretty clear watching him in his early season PC's last year that he is running on passion fumes at this juncture. He knows now that Drew is the same guy he drafted, but he's on the home stretch and just too tired to start over with yet another QB. His only hope is a WR so prolific he just might outperform the Bledsoe factor.

TO is a crap shoot, and a potential uncontrollable pain in the ass under the new CBA. But he also knows that by playing it coy if it somehow does pan out he will get the all important media credit for being the one coach who could handle TO. And in the more likely scenario that it doesn't, and TO and Bledsoe end up verbally assaulting each other, all the Parcell's media toady's will spin it as Jerry's fault. Remember, most of them tabbed this arrangement from the get go as an ego/finance driven short term marriage of convenience that would never really work over the long haul. We are amout at it's legal limit.

Cowboys | Parcells OK with Owens?
    Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:42:34 -0800

According to FOXSports.com's John Czarnecki, Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells was reportedly not keen on the team acquiring WR Terrell Owens. That's not exactly true. Twice in the final week of negotiations with Owens and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, Dallas owner Jerry Jones and his son, Stephen, the club's contract negotiator, asked Parcells if he was OK with Owens; talks heated up, and he gave the thumbs up. lot of football people believe that Parcells and Owens won't be able to co-exist, but they fail to realize that Owens has always been a very strong practice player besides being very competitive on the field. Now that he has his money in Dallas, Jones and the Cowboys expect Owens to be on his best behavior this season. The 2007 season could be a different story for Owens, but by that time Parcells may retire.
  24. nescott

nescott PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes the rumor now is he will be named Vice President of the Pats and will make all decisions on travel arragements.
  25. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

A slightly different take on it

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/404972p-342987c.html