PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tully Banta Cain Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGameguy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I recall a lot of people wanted us to take him a few years ago. He was projected to be a 2nd or 3rd round guy, even a late 1st by some, but fell to the seventh.

I think he's taken the classic BB 3-4 LB path. College DE, plays special teams, fills in at OLB a little. I think he could see a lot more (quality) minutes this year.

I said this last year (but I REALLY mean it this time!) - - if he doesn't grab the ring now he never will.

I think Vrabel goes to the SOLB spot and we get a TJ type for run downs. How was Beisel's pass coverage ? He's quick enough, I wonder if he could play Phifer's old coverage ILB role.

I think this is TBC's year. It'll be make-or-break.

TBC! Hopefully my boy steps up this year.

shmessy said:
I said this last year (but I REALLY mean it this time!) - - if he doesn't grab the ring now he never will.

Don'tcha mean hold on to the ring? Tully was the Patriot who infamously left his Super Bowl ring in the bathroom of the Providence Mall. he said he was glad that Mr. Kraft lost his ring because now he wasn't the only Patriot with ring problems.

BelichickFan said:
I think Vrabel goes to the SOLB spot and we get a TJ type for run downs. How was Beisel's pass coverage ? He's quick enough, I wonder if he could play Phifer's old coverage ILB role.
i really hope the pats grab a ILB today that can step in and play so they can move vrabel to outside and allow him to do what he does best....rush the passer

Hoodie said:
Don'tcha mean hold on to the ring? Tully was the Patriot who infamously left his Super Bowl ring in the bathroom of the Providence Mall. he said he was glad that Mr. Kraft lost his ring because now he wasn't the only Patriot with ring problems.

Oh come ON, Tully. The freakin' president of Russia gangsta'd Kraft's ring. You left yours in the bathroom.

Anyway, yeah, it looks like make-or-break for 3 guys - Bethel, TBC, and Klecko. Okay while I am high on draft exuberance, let's imagine this:

Bethel comes on out of the blue and posts, say, 800 receiving yards and 8 TDs... showing vastly improved route running in the process...

Tully fills the OLB gap with Vrabel inside, serves as a legitimate sack threat on passing downs, seals the edge with authority on runs, and just is where he's supposed to be every down, 16 games... and people start talking about him and Rosie Colvin as "bookends" in pass pressure...

And Klecko does what, I dunno, fills in for 12 different guys at different positions proving his worth as a kind of body-putty for the late months when the scratches and dings screw up your cosmetic appearance, but thanks to klecko-bond, do not create structural unsoundness...

While we're at it, Dave Thomas works in three critical red zone touchdown catches and gets a Wendy's endorsement, Maroney just has to wait because Corey gets pissed, gets healed, and posts a 1500 yard 15 TD effort, and Jackson plays hmmmm okay, from the slot, in relief... but just needs to develop behind the new royalty of NFL receiving corps, Branch, Caldwell, and Bethel.

Oh yeah, and Osama is captured, I win a Powerball jackpot, and Pamela Lee announces she's obsessed with me just as medical science cures Hepatitis.

PFnV

Last edited:
PatsFanInVa said:
Okay while I am high on draft exuberance,
PFnV

Wow, you really are high on draft exuburance. :)

Was that you who asked Jerome Soloman about drafting Diet Pepsi machine?

At his point in the draft, I cannot see an OLB who can start in the hole Willie left. TBC seems to be the best bet. He knows the system well and it his golden opportunity to take the chance. We have seen a few good highlights of him, but I hope he is ready to explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back