PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tuesday's New York Daily News

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK. There must be something in the water in Phoenix. Gary Myers of New York's "Daily News" had this article in the paper this morning. Link and brief excerpt below.

I don't know. Maybe these guys have all figured out that they badly tarnished their national reputations with the biased drivel they printed around the time of SpyGate.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...with_win_over_giants_cant_beat_new_engla.html

"The Patriots have clinched the team-of-the-decade title - unless the Giants beat them Sunday and then win the next two Super Bowls as well. Now the Pats are going after the mythical title as the best team of all time. The 1972 Dolphins are the only team in NFL history to get through the regular season and playoffs undefeated, but they are not even considered the team of the '70s. That title belongs to the Steelers, who won four Super Bowls that decade.

"The last hurdle for the Patriots to claim they are the greatest single-season team is beating the Giants. "If they lose it's a sad ending to a great story," former Giants coach Dan Reeves said yesterday. "It will be like one of those movies with an ending that you say, ‘What the heck happened?'""

I'm guessing that someone in the Giants front office begged the NY Media to tone down the Belicheat-Hatetriot rhetoric this week.

I'm guessing that someone in the Giants front office begged the NY Media to tone down the Belicheat-Hatetriot rhetoric this week.

The Daily News has been too bad, not saying it has always been favorable press, it is the Post not the Daily News that beats that drum.

The Daily News has been too bad, not saying it has always been favorable press, it is the Post not the Daily News that beats that drum.

Maybe in general, but Meyers has been the worst. Some of his columns this year have been disgraceful.

While they may not admit it unless pressed, real football mediots (like Gosslin yesterday as opposed to a couple of wtf is he mediots Felger also interviewed) have to appreciate this team, this season, this HC and this QB. The only reason to be rooting against any of it, unless you're a true Giants fan, is irrational jealousy of something you just don't understand. Even some former Giants who played under the two Bills are leaning towards wanting their former coaches and friends on the NEP to achieve this accomplishment. If you are a real football fan, no reason not to beyond petty jealousy.

I like what Cross, who played with Joe Cool on the Niners, has to say:

"But Cross, who is obviously partial to his teams, still gives it up for the Patriots.

"Achievement-wise, for a team, it's the best thing a team has ever done," Cross said in the Super Bowl media center yesterday. "It will be easier to put in perspective in 2011 or 2012 when they will have won six or seven Super Bowls and it will be a given that team in 2007 was the greatest ever."

He is also partial to this era of football.

"I just think these are the best players today. This is the best it's ever been," Cross said. "When the Patriots are really humming, they would have totally dismantled that '85 Bears defense. They would have killed them."

If the Patriots beat the Giants, it will be their fourth Super Bowl title in seven years. The Steelers won four in a six-year period in the '70s. The Cowboys took home three in four years in the '90s, which is what the Patriots did by winning in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

Brady won three Super Bowls in his first five years in the league. Montana didn't win his third until his 10th season. If Brady wins Sunday, he will tie Montana and Terry Bradshaw with an NFL record for quarterbacks with four Super Bowl titles.

Who is better: Montana or Brady?

"I've always gone to the, ‘He's got more rings, he's got more MVPs and he's my guy' defense," Cross said of Montana. "After this game, I may be down to the, ‘He's my guy' defense."

Maybe in general, but Meyers has been the worst. Some of his columns this year have been disgraceful.

absolutely. remember Myers is the one who wrote the original Shula "asterisk" article, about which many suggested that he baited Shula into using the word.

Also, Rich Cimini, the NYJets beat reporter for the News was over the top most of the year on Spygate.

The NYPost is not taken seriously anywhere and is beneath contempt from the Front Page to the Sports Page and was caught taking bribes from celebs for favorable treatment on Page Six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes