PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tuesday's New England Patriots Links 9/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's interesting is the nit picky nature of the pieces offered up.

It seems like every writer has a pet complaint: Safety, OL, WR, etc. I guess they just don't feel they are doing their job unless they gripe about something, or maybe Boston/New England fans are just so addicted to the sourness that I saw for the first time in the early 70's against Yaz, that they just do not know how to be comfortable with a range of feelings on one topic. I.E. what is the importance of the overall picture/status vs. some sub section concerns.

Like a hierarchical mind would say: "we have a really strong team, with a few questionable areas. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, and what BB will do to fix them, and any injuries that crop up."

as opposed to:

"I can't believe what a MORON BB is, two tight ends!, Maneri gone! some old goat brought in to play RG, Solder SUCKS!!. Why did he cut Sanders AND Meri - Jeezuz Christ!!" As soon as some Jet or Indy fan shows up and says we won't win, the same person will say, "We are going to win the SB, because we have the best team, go away troll!"

The writers fuel the fans, the fans fuel the writers. To both: get a funking grip.

Last edited:
Ian, thanks again for the roundup. It's nice to be able to come here and get them all in one place, rather than sift through all the sites to see what's up.

I appreciate all your efforts!

What's interesting is the nit picky nature of the pieces offered up.

It seems like every writer has a pet complaint: Safety, OL, WR, etc. I guess they just don't feel they are doing their job unless they gripe about something, or maybe Boston/New England fans are just so addicted to the sourness that I saw for the first time in the early 70's against Yaz, that they just do not know how to be comfortable with a range of feelings on one topic. I.E. what is the importance of the overall picture/status vs. some sub section concerns.

Like a hierarchical mind would say: "we have a really strong team, with a few questionable areas. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, and what BB will do to fix them, and any injuries that crop up."

as opposed to:

"I can't believe what a MORON BB is, two tight ends!, Maneri gone! some old goat brought in to play RG, Solder SUCKS!!. Why did he cut Sanders AND Meri - Jeezuz Christ!!" As soon as some Jet or Indy fan shows up and says we won't win, the same person will say, "We are going to win the SB, because we have the best team, go away troll!"

The writers fuel the fans, the fans fuel the writers. To both: get a funking grip.

I think you pretty much nailed it. I've grown numb to most of it and just sort of tune it out as I read, searching for the important stuff.

I still say a man could make a ton of money every year by building a high tower with a platform out over the Charles River for all the screaming idjit fanboyz to jump from. Charge $10 a head and even provide a free elevator to the top. Charge them $100 each if they change their minds and want to come down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down