PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tuesday morning sportscenter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradybunch

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I dont know how many of you guys have watched but i just saw it on my way to work and they showed tedy leaving the stadium walking with his teamates he was walking with a limp but he was walking and laughing while talking to willie mac but sal palantonio said he asked tedy if he was o and tedy said yes im ok and then they asked him if he is gonna play this week and he just chuckled!

sounds alot better then first thought!!

That's good to hear, I didn't see it. Remaining cautiously optimistic...

bradybunch said:
I dont know how many of you guys have watched but i just saw it on my way to work and they showed tedy leaving the stadium walking with his teamates he was walking with a limp but he was walking and laughing while talking to willie mac but sal palantonio said he asked tedy if he was o and tedy said yes im ok and then they asked him if he is gonna play this week and he just chuckled!

Also, they talked to Vrabel who said Bruschi is fine.

Where is that med school troll who guaranteed is ankle is broken?

Bostonian1962 said:

If that guy went to med school, then I'm a quantum physicist unlocking the mysteries of the universe through string theory.

I am not a doctor and I haven't seen the footage of Tedy walking but I did see the trainer massage his calf muscle. Now if our trainers are massaging a calf muscle to deal with a broken ankle then they all need to be stripped of whatever qualifications and certificates they have. Some of the people that come on here!

Bostonian1962 said:

The Warden lets him have access only at night.

Last edited:
bradybunch said:

I just saw the footage myself. Definite limp, but it just didn't look that bad. Way too big of a smile on Tedy's face to think that it's something that will keep him out of the playoff run. My gut tells me Tedy sits against the Dolphins and is ready to go for the first playoff game.

Richter said:
My gut tells me Tedy sits against the Dolphins and is ready to go for the first playoff game.
Hope your gut is right Richter. The only thing my gut tells me is that I've eaten too much and drank too much beer.

IMHO, we should not be playing injured players against Miami. Give them a week's rest.

And just BTW, the 4th seed is fine; it leads to playing PITT in the title game AT HOME!

Richter said:
If that guy went to med school, then I'm a quantum physicist unlocking the mysteries of the universe through string theory.
Naughty Richter,

I'm left with the mental image of a growling, lab coated man tangled on the floor in a ball of yarn. Must be the morning meds kicking in....speaking of meds, nice to see shmessy hitting his post-season peak in troll wrestling....

On another fun note, BMSW had a link to New York sports stories http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/reader/nyc.php and just about half way down the page is the cover of the Newsday sports section with an end zone shot of Vrabes clutching a football. Patriot quantum physics at its best.

Here is a link to a story the Herald carried Monday from the NY Post: http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=118702 This is good for a wince and a chuckle.

mgteich said:
IMHO, we should not be playing injured players against Miami. Give them a week's rest.

And just BTW, the 4th seed is fine; it leads to playing PITT in the title game AT HOME!
It could lead.

And I agree about the injured players. Let Miami be their bye week.

mgteich said:

Bingo........last night showed we're still not as smooth as we need to be and would benefit from the path of least resistance - Jax and Indy.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Bingo........last night showed we're still not as smooth as we need to be and would benefit from the path of least resistance - Jax and Indy.

What was wrong with what last night showed?
We played the best football we have all year in the first half.

The 2 garbage time TDs shouldnt bother anyone.

NEM said:
Whether he plays on Sunday, or not, may have to do with how the Bengals do at KC. If we have a legit shot at number 3, he might play or it might be a decision based on the score of the Pats/Dolphins game and how it is progressing.

Of course, both the Pats - Dolphins and the Chiefs - Bengals games are at 10 Eastern. Oops, Palmer just hit Houshmandzadeh for a TD, Tedy, get in there!

AndyJohnson said:

I'd take the Tampa game over that one.

shmessy said:
I'd take the Tampa game over that one.

Mabye, but the first half was total dominance. The Jets did not have a single first down.

AndyJohnson said:
Mabye, but the first half was total dominance. The Jets did not have a single first down.

True on the D- side. But Brady's first half last night was nowhere near his first half against Tampa. That lazy pick was Bledsoenian.

Last edited:
bradybunch said:

yep, that's what they said last night too.

see also

AndyJohnson said:

The first half is what I'm talking about. Besides the pick (Bledsonian - an apt term shmessy. Tommy admitted made it him mad and he played like he was upset, Manning style), there was also Dillon and Brady running into each other on a handoff for key indicators. Dillon's timing with the line is still a step slow, Evans looked off too in the second half. Tommy needs more work with Dwight and Davis.

I could give a crap about the score as long as our number is higher, what I was watching for was execution, which still could use some work for the playoffs. I expect this team to win and I expect them to think they will win, just not think they can mail it in to succeed. That is why I say it wasn't smooth, Madden called Gorin out on one play for being lazy, I'm sure I'll find others as I go through the tape.

Box_O_Rocks said:
The first half is what I'm talking about. Besides the pick (Bledsonian - an apt term shmessy. Tommy admitted made it him mad and he played like he was upset, Manning style), there was also Dillon and Brady running into each other on a handoff for key indicators. Dillon's timing with the line is still a step slow, Evans looked off too in the second half. Tommy needs more work with Dwight and Davis.
There was no doubt that they weren't sharp. They were decent and certainly good enough to beat a horrendous jester team. But even with no bye, I expect the starters to play at least a half next week. The Dolphins are a solid, respectable team and we need all our guys (other than those who need to rest injuries, of course) to be sharper going into the playoffs than they were last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes