Welcome to PatsFans.com

Trying to kill Heroes - Our State Department

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Apr 5, 2009.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 9 / -13

Outrageous story about an Iraqi who was a translator who is responsible for saving the lives of American Servicemen. He put his life on the line and now the State Dept won't give him a Visa when his life is in danger in Iraq...

Meanwhile we will be releasing Gitmo terrorist in the USA and giving them welfare... nge we can believe in??????????

BLACKFIVE: Trying to kill Heroes - Our State Department

2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

Stealing Uday's car should be looked at as one of the ballyest things I ever heard of. That must have taken some large stones to do that.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

Aunt Zucchini

4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

don't ever ask a liberal to back you up

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

The he!! with stones. They had to be the size of bowling balls to try and pull that off. Either that or his plane out of his mind. Anyways they should let him stay, maybe he'll try to steal Obama's car. ;)

6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In your case that makes perfect sense. I can see myself being weak and 'accidentally' mis-throwing you a life preserver if you were drowning, but that's because you act like a jerk.

I can see how stealing a car might be initially considered a criminal act; but that's the limits placed on low level bureaucrats. I expect there's some sort of law that's being applied here. I hope, if the facts presented here are true, that the same law has some sort of appeal process that's underway.

7. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,413 / 20 / -20

#75 Jersey

"Jasim's been high-profile for a while, starting with being featured on 60 Minutes in early 2007 (as 'Timmy,' his previous cover name) about translators who weren't getting the visas, despite their lives being threatened," Parks said.........

........Starting a few months ago, Jasim organized his fellow translators to oppose a provision negotiated by the State Department to hand over the names and personal information of all translators to the Iraqi government. Translators feared that their lives would be at risk if their identities were learned by Iraqis who view them as "traitors."

Making sure their voices would be heard, Jasim gathered a public meeting of over 100 translators in Baghdad last December — during the time his visa application was being processed.

In a FOXNews.com story on this issue in January, Jasim criticized the State Department's deal. "We work so hard to get the bad guys, to capture terrorists, and now, because of a political deal, they're putting our lives at risk," he said. FOXNews.com identified him only by first name in that story. The consular officer who denied Jasim's visa, though, admitted that he knew of Jasim's role in leading opposition to the release of translators' personal information.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,486106,00.html

"........On Dec. 31, a GLS official in Baghdad sent an e-mail saying that the possibility of translators' personal information being given to the Iraqi government was "a horrible development" and added, "I fear for everyone who completes this document and turns it in to the Iraqi Ministry of Finance......"
    -------------------------------------------

For those people like Tanked who don't have a brain in their heads, the President of the United States in 2007 and until the end of January 2009 was George W. Bush.

Damn those liberals like Bush, Cheney and Condi Rice!!!!!!!!

Shame on them for screwing these heroes - - unfortunately it fits right in with an Administration that would let Walter Reed hospital become a Thrid World level institution.

Never trust a Chicken Hawk to adequately thank a real hero.

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

Does not make much sense unless there is more to the story.. unfortunately there is not a lot of balance to this story.