PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TRUTH & RUMORS: Sorting out McNair, Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayjoe

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/06/05/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

New England's discussions with veteran free agent and former Patriot Ty Law continue. According to a source familiar with the situation, Patriots' director of pro personnel Scott Pioli is engaged in more substantive dialog with Law's agent Carl Poston. Law's current suitors are the Titans, Chiefs and the Patriots. -- Scout.com

I hope this takes a good turn for the Patriots and Ty Law.

broadwayjoe said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/06/05/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

New England's discussions with veteran free agent and former Patriot Ty Law continue. According to a source familiar with the situation, Patriots' director of pro personnel Scott Pioli is engaged in more substantive dialog with Law's agent Carl Poston. Law's current suitors are the Titans, Chiefs and the Patriots. -- Scout.com

I hope this takes a good turn for the Patriots and Ty Law.
Add SD per Reiss....I think this is old news....reported yesterday..

Somehow I have a feeling that Law will be joining Givens in Nashville. If McNair is moved the Titans will probably have some extra cash, though it might not be enough for Law's tastes.

I'd love to have him back though, as a player.

Gosh, but if Ty went to Nashville, where they have no hope of winning, that would mean it would be all about money with him and not about "going to a winner."

That just couldn't be true!

;)

I don't expect him to end up in Tennessee. Living in Nashville, I haven't heard any talk about him really. They have a couple young corners they like and I think they want to develop them. Since Ty will not likely get a long term deal anywhere, and the Titans aren't close to being contenders, there really isn't much reason for them to spend that kind of money on him.

I think he'll end up in KC, but I'm still hoping the Pats can find a way to get him back.

My $$$ is on Ty going to KC for a bit more dough. I would be shocked if he went to Tennessee, but mighty happy. KC actually has a chance of challenging us - in Nashville, Ty would just earn his paycheck and not scare anyone in N.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back