PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TRUTH & RUMORS: RB White falling fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting little snippet :

Dallas @ Philly on 12/25. Nice game :)

"A source has told Comcast SportsNet that Terrell Owens will play his first game at Lincoln Financial Field as a Cowboy on Christmas Day."

ilduce06410 said:
that young man is still as much of a load as he was on 1/5/06.
he can turn the '49ers into a mediocre team pretty quick.
especially if i were a warm-weather team, i'd be scared not to take him.

Very, very true. Of course, that line featured three players who will go on day one in the draft. I think they were largely responsible for the USC running backs' successes.

BelichickFan said:
Interesting little snippet :

Dallas @ Philly on 12/25. Nice game :)

"A source has told Comcast SportsNet that Terrell Owens will play his first game at Lincoln Financial Field as a Cowboy on Christmas Day."

What are the odds of TO dressing up as Santa for this one? Hopefully it isn't snowing. :D

dryheat44 said:
Very, very true. Of course, that line featured three players who will go on day one in the draft. I think they were largely responsible for the USC running backs' successes.
Plus the threat of Leinart throwing. As I remember, Ron Dayne looked like a stud in college too.

White listening to teams???

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9357955
Adam Schefter
WHITE LIES

For all the public talk of Southern California running back LenDale White sliding in the draft, there also is just as much behind-the-scenes talk of him getting drafted just where many predicted.

One team in the 20s recently encouraged White not to run before the draft so it can pounce on him with its selection in the first round. Another team in the mid-teens already has told White it plans on drafting him.

Teams have questions about White's hamstring, which he initially hurt on a Cybex machine at the Combine, and then re-injured while running three weeks ago. But teams also know White's production, and no matter how much his reputation is sullied in the coming days, it still looks like White will be a first-round pick.

White - and his agent can't be that dumb. After the Rose Bowl there was talk he was a top 10 pick. If he worked out and showed decent numbers - 4.55 in the 40 - he would have had a number of teams moving up to get him. If he is "falling" on purpose he is costing himself a lot of money. He is what the #10 pick got last year compared to #21 and #22
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2005/signings1strd.htm

10. Lions WR Mike Williams 5 yrs., $13.5 mil., $10.5 mil. guar.
21. Jaguars WR Matt Jones 5 yrs., $8.45 mil., $6.3 mil. guar.
22. Ravens WR Mark Clayton 5 yrs., $8.2 mil., $6 mil. guar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes