Welcome to PatsFans.com

TRUTH & RUMORS: QB Young out of top 10

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by broadwayjoe, Apr 4, 2006.

1. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. DocAdkinsDiet

DocAdkinsDiet Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Very interesting. Clearly an amazing athlete and competitor, he must really be crapping the bed in his workouts and that Wonderlic test score certainly isn't helping him any.

I never realized how much stock scouts put in the Wonderlic until this year.
  3. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I know thats right I didn't realize it either.
  4. Murphys95

Murphys95 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Vince Young has tremendous talent, but he is a media creation that doesn't translate well into the NFL. As a first rounder, he will be a tweener of sorts for whatever team selects him. I think most, if not all, NFL teams were aware of this even before the combine. IMHO, his slipping in mock drafts has more to do with the media's new awareness of his weaknesses rather than his test scores.
  5. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Not to shoot the messenger here, Doc, but I'd like to know, if he had an IQ of 150, what more he could have done in his bowl games of the last two years. We've all heard about Dan Marino's low score in the Wonderlic, how about good old boy Bret Favre? Just wondering.

Vince does seem like a bit of a distant, or vacant dude (opposite of TB), so maybe he's been mailing in the workouts.
  6. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I gotta agree. Not so sure VY brings the intangibles to the table that a Tom Brady does (making those around you better), but I'll take what I saw where he brought Texas back by himself against USC to win the national title, and broke my heart by beating my team the year before. The guy just plays, and to me is being hurt by Michael Vick comparisons. He's a better QB than Vick.
  7. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Young won't make it past the Raiders or Cardinals........BOOK IT!
  8. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -0

I agree there's some of that. But I also suspect that's he's hurt by the likes of Alex Smith...great-looking college qb's who have to make major adjustments to their offensive style for the NFL. The time to readiness is a huge factor. Young has exceptional talent but he's a work in progress, while a Matt Leinart has been playing a much more NFL-style QB. (Even Matt Cassel benefited from that system without even playing it.) And look at all the teams dangling high draft picks in front of the Falcons for Matt Schaub, because they think he's ready to take over an offense immediately.
  9. Feep_FLA

Feep_FLA Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I concur with this opinion 110%. I'll be surprised if he gets past the Titans.....
  10. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Many think he'll be taken there..are these just ploys to get by teams??
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I'm with you guys.
    This guy is no Alex Smith either, he's huge and fast. He is already a better passer then Vick. I don't think there will be another qb that you will be able to compare to this guy.
  12. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

A media creation? :confused:

This so-called media creation single handily defeated the best college football team of the last 10 years. Here's a few of his collegiate accomplishments…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_young

Also, by almost every account, VY looked impressive in his pro-day workout.

If anything, the media has been AGAINST VY… "Pretty boy Leinart has the mechanics and intangibles. Don't worry about results, workout warrior Cutler should go ahead of VY." What else does VY have to do to win over the critics? Rebuild the WTC while balancing on one foot?