PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TRUTH & RUMORS: Jets will trade for RB

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayjoe

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/08/16/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli, who is also Bill Parcells' son-in-law, attended Tuesday's afternoon practice. Parcells has said the Cowboys would do a scout swap with select teams to evaluate players for a potential trade. -- Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Yet another setback to the center position has befallen the Browns. The team has been notified by the NFL office that Alonzo Ephraim will be suspended for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league substance-abuse policy, said two sources. The violation occurred in 2005 while Ephraim was with Miami, said one of the sources, and carries over to the Browns. -- Cleveland Plain Dealer

I'm beginning to think the Browns Center position is an unlucky position this year.

"Justin McCariens, who landed in coach Eric Mangini's doghouse when he failed his conditioning test to start camp, appears to still be there and may emerge as trade bait as the Jets continue their search for help at running back and nose tackle."

How about Jonathan Sullivan for McCariens? :)

I know they've talked to the 49ers about Kevan Barlow.

It's so hard to believe about the Jets trading for a RB, considering they just attempted to trade for Lee Suggs. Talk about hypothesizing the obvious. People get paid for that??

Would Lions WR Rogers benefit from a change of scenery and become the player most thought he could be??? The article said the Lions were going to send him packing.

The list of issues with this guy is very long. Would BB take a peek at this guy?????

Mosi Moose said:
"Justin McCariens, who landed in coach Eric Mangini's doghouse when he failed his conditioning test to start camp, appears to still be there and may emerge as trade bait as the Jets continue their search for help at running back and nose tackle."

How about Jonathan Sullivan for McCariens? :)

Latest rumor is the Jets want TJ Duckett from atlanta.
Jets need a RB more than a Nt,and unless they'll take evans,cobbs or some other Rb we don't have plans for I don't see it.
McCariens is propably their best bait for a Rb,Can't see them trading him for their 2nd biggest need.

Ochmed Jones said:
Would Lions WR Rogers benefit from a change of scenery and become the player most thought he could be??? The article said the Lions were going to send him packing.

The list of issues with this guy is very long. Would BB take a peek at this guy?????

A peek absolutely,but at his contract and past history?
Pats don't seem to like wr's with issues!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
if they trade Justin Mc...their WRs would be thin. Coles..Cotchery..and who else?

Remix 6 said:
if they trade Justin Mc...their WRs would be thin. Coles..Cotchery..and who else?

There thin everywhere so what's the difference?:cool:
Kidding remix-point well taken except,
I believe Mangini is getting rid of players that don't fit his system AND where the team is right now.
If Mangini isn't high on him,I respect that,but if the pats COULD bring him here for next to nothing then it's a worthwhile gamble.
I DON'T SEE IT HAPPING THOUGH!

Patrick Pass for McCariens...no they wont do that. I like the idea of Sulli for McCariens :)

If they were smart, they'd go after Micheal Turner form San Diego (though Sproles is now done for the year), or Marion Barber III from Dallas. I think Barber could be a star if he started. At the very least, very good. They could always try to get another Cleveland back, William Green. Denver has a couple of backs also.

scott99 said:
If they were smart, they'd go after Micheal Turner form San Diego (though Sproles is now done for the year), or Marion Barber III from Dallas. I think Barber could be a star if he started. At the very least, very good. They could always try to get another Cleveland back, William Green. Denver has a couple of backs also.

Turner is an unrestricted free agent this year. He will be in high demand. Possibly the most sought FA next season.

I think Green still has some ability and needs a fresh start.

Also, Johnathan Wells was cut from Houston and LaBrandon Toefield will probably be cut from Jacksonville. I think they both could be viable starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back