Trust Factor? Check...Brandon LaFell A Big Addition For the Patriots Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Trust Factor? Check...Brandon LaFell A Big Addition For the Patriots Offense

Steve Balestrieri

With one game to go, LaFell has 70 catches for 883 yards and seven touchdowns….all career highs

Continue reading...

LaFell has been a much needed addition to the Pats offense. With Gronk, Edelman and LaFell it puts so much pressure on the opposite defense so one will have separation and maybe Brady will be comfortable with Amendola as well. All coming together at the right time

Kinda funny. Hes gonna come close to the same numbers as Brandon Lloyd in 2012 who was practically chased out of town.

With that said, LaFell has been far more impactful than Lloyd and seems to be on far better wave length w/ TB.

As much as i feel Brandon Lafell has been great for us this season and done better than most thought,,does anyone agree with me that we still need that one more missing puzzle Receiver in our Offense ?
During the Jets game we didn't just miss Edelmen ,,,,,we missed him bad. Just saying.
But yes Lafell has done just brilliantly for his first season and broke all his previous stats.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Kinda funny. Hes gonna come close to the same numbers as Brandon Lloyd in 2012 who was practically chased out of town.

With that said, LaFell has been far more impactful than Lloyd and seems to be on far better wave length w/ TB.

Posts on patsfans weren't why Lloyd was ran out of town, imo. I think the stuff about how he was behind the scenes was likely the reason. I don't believe this team was going to jettison a guy who had put up 900 yards in his first year in the offense otherwise.

Posts on patsfans weren't why Lloyd was ran out of town, imo. I think the stuff about how he was behind the scenes was likely the reason. I don't believe this team was going to jettison a guy who had put up 900 yards in his first year in the offense otherwise.
Yep. My understanding was that he wasn't a great fit in the locker room and the $3m roster bonus he was due.

As much as i feel Brandon Lafell has been great for us this season and done better than most thought,,does anyone agree with me that we still need that one more missing puzzle Receiver in our Offense ?
During the Jets game we didn't just miss Edelmen ,,,,,we missed him bad. Just saying.
But yes Lafell has done just brilliantly for his first season and broke all his previous stats.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Hopefully Dobson can have an impact next season and Tyms can develop into a solid 4 or 5 backup.

Next years draft needs to have TE, WR, OG, DL, LB and S targeted.

Hopefully Dobson can have an impact next season and...

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Hopefully Dobson can have an impact next season and Tyms can develop into a solid 4 or 5 backup.

I feel Dobson will be the wr we are looking for. 3 years with Brady and a full TC should do wonders

Why is that funny? He was a decent player his rookie year before he got hurt. Sure this season was a wash but that's not to say he can't come back and be a solid contributor. He has good measurables, just needs to stay healthy and get on the field.

How are the TEs in this years draft? I recall a lot of people screaming that Bill should have drafted CJ Fiedorowicz over Grappalo. He hasn't worked out too well, having just doubled his year's total in his last game with 2 catches, to bring it to 4 on the year. And he's played in pretty much every game. Troy Niklas, the only other one of the top 5 that we could have had in the 2d has 3 catches on the year. Jace Amaro (who wasn't available where the Pats picked in the 2d) has done the best of all the TEs drafted with 35 catches for the year.

Which is a long winded way of saying I don't want them taking a TE for the sake of taking a TE.

I am sick to death of pundits writing about "the trust factor" between Brady and a receiver. Sheesh, I don't care about "trust". Just throw the ball.

How are the TEs in this years draft? I recall a lot of people screaming that Bill should have drafted CJ Fiedorowicz over Grappalo. He hasn't worked out too well, having just doubled his year's total in his last game with 2 catches, to bring it to 4 on the year. And he's played in pretty much every game. Troy Niklas, the only other one of the top 5 that we could have had in the 2d has 3 catches on the year. Jace Amaro (who wasn't available where the Pats picked in the 2d) has done the best of all the TEs drafted with 35 catches for the year.

Which is a long winded way of saying I don't want them taking a TE for the sake of taking a TE.

No clue how the prospects are as i didnt watch hardly any college ball this season. Either in the draft or via FA, we need an upgrade over Hooman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back