PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

True stupidity or willfull ignorance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.Z.O.

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I've stopped spending times in the general national sports forums because they are pretty much a cesspool. But, I have to ask:

Is the average fan really THAT stupid? Do they honestly think that football teams are carried by a single player? Do they really not understand the concept of roster construction, building from the lines out?

It's honestly insulting to read some of this crap. I'm no genius, but I get it. I guess if they did too it would probably dissapate the hate.

Personally, I don't see how you can condition yourself to be that ignorant, but that's just me.

I've stopped spending times in the general national sports forums because they are pretty much a cesspool. But, I have to ask:

Is the average fan really THAT stupid? Do they honestly think that football teams are carried by a single player?
Apparently, yes.

Yes, not only is the average fan 'that stupid', but the average American is THAT stupid when it comes to just about anything.

If this were golf:
The Pat would be @ home with a knee injury. Tiger Woods.
The Jets would be sitting @ home living vicariously through Favre's previous accomplishments. Rocco Mediate.
The Colts would be lamenting not getting back to the big one in a while. Phil Mickelson.
The Chargers would still be squawking about how talented they are, as well as victimized. Sergio Garcia.
The Cowboys would be shining up their pretty new belt buckle, listening to talks about being the heir-apparent, even though they have proven nothing. Anthony Kim.

Unfortunately, they can't grasp that it takes a lot more than an individual to bring home the hardware.

Yes, not only is the average fan 'that stupid', but the average American is THAT stupid when it comes to just about anything.

Not that you'd ever stereotype a massive population segment. What does that have to do with the original post? And you're from which country???

Not that you'd ever stereotype a massive population segment. What does that have to do with the original post? And you're from which country???
No, not ever. Good ol US of A, btw. Don't take it so seriously.

I'm baffled at it all as well...wondering what rold fantasy football, video games and such have on it all..looking at stats and not understanding all behind it..the nuts bolts of what it really takes..Not sure..but I think the populace is not really getting it.. But THOSE would be two culprits I would look at. Since I really do not know the ins and outs of those..hard for me to know for sure..but..with their popularity..and such...

Is the average fan really THAT stupid?

When the average fan heres sports hosts on weei saying the pats are going 6-10 and going to miss the playoffs; what do you expect? when 'experts' on various newspapers/websites drop the pats from #1 in ranking to the 15-20 the average fan follows suit as thats where they get their info from

I am going to take it a step further not only are americans dumb but people in general are dumb.

Is the average fan really THAT stupid? Do they honestly think that football teams are carried by a single player? Do they really not understand the concept of roster construction, building from the lines out?

It's honestly insulting to read some of this crap. I'm no genius, but I get it. I guess if they did too it would probably dissapate the hate.

Personally, I don't see how you can condition yourself to be that ignorant, but that's just me.

couldn't agree more. it has too be on purpose. no one is born this stupid.

We live in a time of "drive by media" to quote a talk show host. Everything is based on headlines and soundbytes.

The media says, folks, don't take time to dive into the details, all you need is the headline.
The media says the Patriots are done, and the media is always right, right???? I mean, Tom Jackson has never, ever said something wrong, or made up? Tomase has never published something without confirming the information, has he?

The media controls way to much of how the masses think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back