Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Whatayathink? Is he healthy?

Just got released.

he was injured

It was a hamstring injury that Vincent claimed would keep him out 2 weeks. I'm not sure if we need the depth at DB anymore, though, as the play of Hawk and Chad Scott of late has to make you feel good about DB depth.

BradyManny2344 said:
It was a hamstring injury that Vincent claimed would keep him out 2 weeks. I'm not sure if we need the depth at DB anymore, though, as the play of Hawk and Chad Scott of late has to make you feel good about DB depth.

On this team the more DB depth the better. I just wonder if he can still play. He's no spring chicken.

zippo59 said:
On this team the more DB depth the better. I just wonder if he can still play. He's no spring chicken.

True on both points.

He had a pretty good season statistically last season, but as always, any D stats can be misleading.

Last edited:
I want another DB. Probably young legs needed though, I agree.

Just throwing it out since he just got released.

The one thing I did notice looking at Vincent's stats is that his "pass deflections" stat dramatically dropped last season. That's probably a tell-tale sign, right -(tackles pretty much the same, but that's gotta be the most misleading stat) Still, I wouldn't have a problem with them bringing him in if they feel they need to use that roster spot at DB.

Last edited:
BradyManny2344 said:
The one thing I did notice looking at Vincent's stats is that his "pass deflections" stat dramatically dropped last season. That's probably a tell-tale sign, right -(tackles pretty much the same, but that's gotta be the most misleading stat) Still, I wouldn't have a problem with them bringing him in if they feel they need to use that roster spot at DB.

Didn't Vincent make the switch from CB to safety? Wouldn't that mean he was playing less up on wide receivers and therefore would have less opportunities to deflect passes?

zippo59 said:

Hear, hear. A quality veteran with something to prove, and who wants a ring, should always be welcome here; provided that he passes the physical, of course. At this point in his career, Vincent is probably just a FS; but if he can play well, maybe he could allow Wilson to see more snaps at CB.

Can he play special teams? Is he a potential starter? Is his roster spot worth cutting Sanders? If not what would his role be on this team?

captain stone said:
Hear, hear. A quality veteran with something to prove, and who wants a ring, should always be welcome here; ....

Surely preferable to Earthwind.
So expect him ... if another DB goes on IR.

I wonder whether his role as principal shop steward for the NFLPA
gives management pause about having him in the locker room?

I believe they have the roster spot and just got rid of Hank Poteat so it couldn't hurt. 4 INT and 67 tackles last year ain't bad for someone you'd bring in this year for backup at both positions.

hes obviously not what he used to be but hes a great leader..smart and is head of NFL players association or something

i think he can play ST..definatley quality backup and would be a decent to good starter

A good quality Vet is always nice to have definetly helps out the younger players Chad Scott has worked out just fine and I believe Troy Vincient would also especially if healthy.

Vincent is a quality guy as well, and he did switch to safety which explains the pass deflections. Plus the Pats have an open roster spot.

R_T26 said:
Vincent is a quality guy as well, and he did switch to safety which explains the pass deflections. Plus the Pats have an open roster spot.

I agree, the pats could do much worse than sign this guy, I'm sure they'll inquire, it could well end up being a matter of whether or not he wants to play at our price.

Last edited:
Buffalo IR'ed him so he couldn't play for them this year, they did him a favor by cutting him so he might find a job with another team. You don't think that had anything to do with his his involvement with the union? Nah...:rolleyes:

Anyway, Vincent was a solid player, I liked his style. If he has anything good left he would be a big addition to the Pats at safety, certainly better than James Sanders who has been very inconsistent. Maybe Wilson could play more corner if Vincent signed because Eugene still seems to struggle with safety play at times.

Last edited:
Please, BB, grab him. He brings a good game comprehension and vet leadership.

I agree with Capt Stone, a veteran DB with something to prove should always be welcome here. He is strictly a FS now but with Hawk and Gino always gettinf dinged up I would bring the savvy vet in. We do have a roster spot open. It looks like he is healthy now, as he says "I'm ready to go."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2622987

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey