PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy to visit Jets today - WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
They are reporting that he will talk with NY today. You have to wonder if it's a serious look or a ploy to get the Pats to sign him. Why would he want to go ($?) to a team that may be 8-8 at best?

8-8?! They'll be lucky to go 4-12. Nevertheless, I think he retires.

PatsRI said:
Why would he want to go ($?) to a team that may be 8-8 at best?
Why do you think ? :D

$$$$$$$$$$$

Same reason McGinest is in Cleveland and Givens is in Tenessee. And Woody is in Detroit.

MONEY, BABY.

I'm still sick this morning about Willie in orange and brown, but Troy in Green? Somebodygimmeabucket.

:mad:

BelichickFan said:
Why do you think ? :D

$$$$$$$$$$$

Same reason McGinest is in Cleveland and Givens is in Tenessee. And Woody is in Detroit.

MONEY, BABY.

Yup. If they want to give enough of it to him, he should take it. I don't think there will be an offer made by us until after the draft.

Now Im starting to get concerned.... Troy retire , if you dont want to play for the pats, retire.... Please say no to the jets...

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Troy retire , if you dont want to play for the pats, retire.... Please say no to the jets...

It may have nothing to do with him not wanting to play for us. Maybe the Patriots just have no interest in bringing him back and he wants to try playing another season.

Brownfan80 said:
I'm still sick this morning about Willie in orange and brown, but Troy in Green? Somebodygimmeabucket.

:mad:
Ditto Bf80.

brown would lose money by playing for the jets. his low salary would be offset by loss of future promotional opportunities

Last edited:
I hope he's there just to see the sights. Statue of Liberty - check, Empire State Bldg - check, Giant Stadium..... wait a minute, why we going to jersey???? After that, its back on 84, mass pike, then home.... :D

huskeralk said:
It may have nothing to do with him not wanting to play for us. Maybe the Patriots just have no interest in bringing him back and he wants to try playing another season.
Careful, your fan club will start doubting your troll status if you keep this up! You really shouldn't mess with their comfort zone this way. :D

Personally, I think BB has Troy's replacement already. He may be willing to bring him back, but league minimum only. Mangini needs proven winners to set a tone in the locker room, Troy has more value to the NYJ in that regard.

Its amazing how many ex-pats are turning to the Jets lately. Sup with that? :eek:

LIDeadHead said:
Its amazing how many ex-pats are turning to the Jets lately. Sup with that? :eek:

The Jest love to take the crumbs from our table. Must make them feel as if they have a little hope.

That hope ususally fads in October, then the normal dispair sinks in.

What goes around

Wasn't too long ago the flow went from the Jets to the Pats.

Last edited:
LIDeadHead said:

Who is that in your sig?

Hey horse, has the civil war started in Coltsland too?

CTPatsFan said:
Hey horse, has the civil war started in Coltsland too?

Do you mean the "oh I can't believe they aren't doing anything and they are soooo screwing things up" crowd vs the "they been doing this for a living and have been doing it pretty well" crowd? If that's the case, then the answer is yes.

Sop

The Pats lose a Coach. He finds ingrained losers and wants to change the team chemistry. Overpay, but Sign an older fading Pat, a great character locker room guy.

Andruzzi... Milloy... Willie ... Troy???

Grateful Bill silently lets the player collect a retirement present.

Troy probably understands Mangini's defense as well as Willie does. Doesn't surprise me at all. Another player-coach goes to the competition.

Incidentally, if they pick up a QB in the draft, look out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back