Troy still undecided on retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

TROY BROWN UNDECIDED ON RETIREMENT
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 8, 2008, 5:06 p.m.

After 15 seasons with the New England Patriots, wide receiver Troy Brown has been told he won’t be offered a contract with the team this year. But he’s not sure whether he’ll retire or try to catch on with another team.

I haven’t come to an answer to that question yet,” Brown told the Herald-Dispatch in Huntington, West Virginia, where he was working a football camp this week. “I’m not in a hurry to make any decisions. We’ll just see what happens in the next few weeks, months, whatever it takes to make up my mind.”

Brown, who will turn 37 in July, played just one game in 2007 and would likely have to take a minimum-salary deal and compete for a roster spot if he wanted to play in 2008. But he would apparently consider that, and his versatility — he can contribute on special teams and even defense in a pinch — might earn him a job.

And Brown might miss football enough that he’d be willing to come back as the 53rd man on a roster.

“Missing it? Yeah, I would miss it if I had to give it up,” Brown said. “It’s one of those things you can’t avoid. You can’t outrun Father Time.”

Troy, do the right thing. Retire as a Patriot.

I hope he does retire. Belichick wanted to get him on the field in the worst way and Brown couldn't make it onto the field. That tell me that he is a shell of his former self. It will be tough enough to see Brown in another uniform, but it will be even tougher to watch him be a scrub on another team.

Troy > Sam Aiken

If he still wants to play, I hope he latches on somewhere.

I hope he comes back

I see him as the 53rd man. If injuries riddle the receivers or secondary, off the street Troy Brown comes back. I could be wrong, but after so many years he might know the system. :D

Selfish as it sounds, I would much rather see Troy retired than play for another team.

I think we have seen the last of him in a Patriots uniform though.

Last edited:
Will never forget everything he's done for this team!
I selfishly hope he retires as well.
His play against the Dolphins I think it was 2003 in overtime was just awesome!
To his punt return in the Afc championship against the Steelers.
To his strip of Marlon Jackson in the playoff's.
This man is all class on and off the field and Will always always respect Bingo no matter what his decision will be!

I wish Troy the best, but I'm feeling this isn't his decision anymore.

The league and father time might be calling the shots here.

I hope he retires with dignity whenever the time comes, he is the greatest.

If the Cosmic Muffin looks down and judges you by what were you given and what did you do with it?...I can't see a challenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots