PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy NOT with Jests yesterday, and NOT happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrazyDave said:
Agreed. If it's business and nothing personal, it's not a very good way to deal with longtime "business associates".

The worst thing would be for the Patriots to call him and say, "You're on our plans, we're thinking of you, but we're busy right now. We'll send you a ball park $$$...blah blah." If it's not sincere, then Brown would get even more pissed when the actual offer comes.

Imagine them calling him and telling him what they really think: "Troy, we only want you back for the veteran minimum." That would be even worse.

The last thing I want from my own employer is to get jerked around. In my business, I know that the main way I can promote myself and/or get a big jump in salary is to go ont he market and get a job offer elsewhere. Then the employer has to decide if I'm worth not only the money, but also is he willing to go through the headache of replacing me.

Privately, we all sometimes grouse when we're in these situations. I've cursed bosses and even friends I've worked with, but not so openly.

Pats726 said:
Did anyone hear Felger's rant on ESPN Boston about this subject?? Talking about how the players were whining they didn't get calls?? Compared to to girls not gettting calls for the senior prom...a bit funny..even for Felger. But I think a lot of that was on target. It's about the money NOT the call...

I heard it and I agree...stop whining expatriots, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots