PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only regret is that 2007 was the first time he was on the roster but not activated to lead the team onto the field in the Superbowl as he did in 2001, 2003, 2004. Totally irrational but I had a bad feeling when they announced him as inactive for just that reason, and it's not like we had much of a return game all evening and Gay was hurt early on. So who knows... I know Ventrone was active and had one sweet kick coverage hit on the last kickoff. Unfortunately is was for naught...

I agree. If BB had no intention of using Eckel in the offensive backfield, then only one of Eckel/Ventrone/Spann should have been activated for the SB; Troy could then have been the 45th activation. It was a disgrace that he was de-activated for the SB, and for Week 17 vs. the jints, where he should have had the chance to catch the TD pass that would have broken the donkeys record of highest # of TD-pass-catchers. That record meant more to me than Moss' "record"*.

*Jerry Rice established his record during the strike year of '87, in which he only played 12 games.

Troy should retire and get an assistant coaching job in college football. Maybe Marshall. He'd be great with up and coming players. He knows football very well. I'd love for my kids to play on a team that had him on staff.

After a few years of cutting his teeth at that level, bring him back home to the Pats and have him start learning from one of the best coaches of all time.

Troy should retire and get an assistant coaching job in college football. Maybe Marshall. He'd be great with up and coming players. He knows football very well. I'd love for my kids to play on a team that had him on staff.

After a few years of cutting his teeth at that level, bring him back home to the Pats and have him start learning from one of the best coaches of all time.

Greetings,

I share your sentiment's exactly. Alot of WR's have attitudes and he was never one to have one. He did whatever BB asked of him and more he never complained of his roles just went to work and brought as much as he could. He deserves to go out with a bang and much fanfare. He always played his best when we needed him the most
Shalom,
Celticboy04

There's no way Troy Brown makes this team.

(...old Patten joke from 2004...)

Patten Joke?

CLASSIC!

They need to retire #80 in my opinion. Then put Troy on staff as a WR/KR coach. here is a guy who was cut his rookie season, earned a roster spot and has become one of the greatest Patriots of all time.

Either way, retired or playing...Thanks Troy Brown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back