PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Almost no one is talking about him. We're all wondering about Tedy and Junior and (before) Rodney. Is Troy going to go out with a fizzle? I hope not. He deserves better. I hope they at least have a Troy Brown Appreciation Day next season. He did so much for this franchise.

I was wondering the same thing. I am assuming that he'll be retiring, but judging by a ProJo article near the end of the season, you never know. I agree that if he does call it quits they should have an appreciation day. I really admire the few guys in the league such as Troy and Tedy who stayed with one team for their whole career.

We should totally keep him, only for him to be "hurt" all year.

He needs to retire cause he isn't going to be productive or help the Pats win that others on the team aren't already doing.

He isnt going to come back this year and go out with a bang, he would only prolong it.

Im sure they will do all the right things and have a press conf for him, once all this Matt Walsh crap dies down. YOu are right, he is taking up a roster spot for being "injured"

But you never know, kid can play secondary :)

He needs to retire cause he isn't going to be productive or help the Pats win that others on the team aren't already doing..

If Moss, Stallworth, Gaffney leave, and CJ doesn't excel, Troy Brown could probably make this team next year.

If Moss, Stallworth, Gaffney leave, and CJ doesn't excel, Troy Brown could probably make this team next year.

There's no way Troy Brown makes this team.

(...old Patten joke from 2004...)

but Troy is a slot receiver, we're all set there...Welker is the younger version of Troy, Troy cannot play the same role as Stallworth or Moss.

We should totally keep him, only for him to be "hurt" all year.

He needs to retire cause he isn't going to be productive or help the Pats win that others on the team aren't already doing.

He isnt going to come back this year and go out with a bang, he would only prolong it.

No, you misunderstand. I am not advocating he come back to go out with a bang. I think he will and probably should retire. I am just saying I hope the team and fans to the right thing and send him off the right way, and not just let him fade into oblivion. (old Mike Tyson quote)

speaking of oblivion...how's the hamburgers in China?

I wouldn't count it out. We are prolly losing Stallworth and maybe Gaffney and Washington too. so there may be room.

He prolly was not planning half a season inactive when he had the surgery and still rehabed back.

Sorry, but as I am with Bru, I'm a total Brown fanboy and would love to see him just on the roster next year.

One of my favorite players of all-time, any role on the team next year and I'd be absolutely thrilled.

If I can somehow see him, Bru and Seau all walk into the sunset with a Super Bowl next year - that'd be simply amazing.

Less then a minute away from that scenario just a few weeks ago. Troy Brown would have forever be immortalized with the perfect 19-0 Patriots team. :(

Last edited:
No, you misunderstand. I am not advocating he come back to go out with a bang. I think he will and probably should retire. I am just saying I hope the team and fans to the right thing and send him off the right way, and not just let him fade into oblivion. (old Mike Tyson quote)

That makes more sense.

I don't think Troy will play here next season... I'm sure its just a matter of time before Romeo Crennell offers him a three year contract for $12 million with $6 million guaranteed.

Almost no one is talking about him. We're all wondering about Tedy and Junior and (before) Rodney. Is Troy going to go out with a fizzle? I hope not. He deserves better. I hope they at least have a Troy Brown Appreciation Day next season. He did so much for this franchise.

I can't even comprehend how out of touch with this franchise you would have to be to ever assume they wouldn't. It's his call as to when. They carried him on the roster this season even though absent injuries there was really no place for him to play. They have articulated on numerous occasions that he is Mr. Patriot and there will always be a job in the organization for him if he wants one.

My only regret is that 2007 was the first time he was on the roster but not activated to lead the team onto the field in the Superbowl as he did in 2001, 2003, 2004. Totally irrational but I had a bad feeling when they announced him as inactive for just that reason, and it's not like we had much of a return game all evening and Gay was hurt early on. So who knows... I know Ventrone was active and had one sweet kick coverage hit on the last kickoff. Unfortunately is was for naught.

I don't know that he's done - he and Bill will figure that out. I hope he ends his career here whether it's this year or it was last year.

I hope he ends his career here whether it's this year or it was last year.

Seeing him in any other uniform would really hurt. I had not even thought of that!

I don't know the precedence on the Pats, but I'd like to see Red Auerbach come back from the dead and raise it to the rafters so I could get all teary eyed.;)

if we're going to have a brown appreciation thread, someone has to mention the forced fumble in the charger playoff game the year before last.

still gives me goosebumps.

Not to mention 0:25 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ije01NILhbg, which I still consider the biggest completion in team history.

Thanks - I was just thinnking about that very play as you posted it...:D

Like Madden said, that was some drive - gave me goosebumps too. It marked the birth of a HOF QB. As John said, that is the way a Superbowl should end, and it had nothing to do with any red zone formations the Rams might have practiced in their walkthrough. Fact is we won that game when they came out of the tunnel choosing to be introduced as a team, with #80 in the lead. And my fondest memory forever as a Pat's fan will be that I called it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down