PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPats

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There is not much else to say. I know a lot of guys contributed this week but he honestly has to be the greatest Patriot ever. I have run out of ways to explain how much he means to this team. He's playing Nickel on one down and he is blocking downfield on another to help Maroney get free. Time and time again I noticed a WR come from no where and make a key block and it's Brown. I honestly don't even know how he has the extra energy to make those plays considering the amount of time he spends on the field at his age. I just wanted to let Troy know I'm thinking of him and I don't think there will be another like him ever again on this Patriots team.

TBrown has given everything he has to this team and is willing to do whatever it takes to be on the field. He deserves a special place in Patriots lore.

I loved his "WRs revenge" block on that Maroney run. So awesome.

I LOVE Troy Brown. The epitome of player.

Garbanza said:
I LOVE Troy Brown. The epitome of player.

The epitome of TEAM player.

Troy Brown has always been my favorite player. I'm thrilled that he is still playing with the team at his age and continues to prove that he'll do anything that is required of him to help the team - including a cut in pay. Everyone should own a Troy Brown jersey.

I said it in another thread and i will say it again: when troy retires, so should his number!:cool:

mtbykr said:
I said it in another thread and i will say it again: when troy retires, so should his number!:cool:
Absolutely...Troy embodies all the traits that this Patriots organization says it stands for.

Troy Brown has to be one of the most versatile players in today's league. I am so very happy that he is a Patriot. :)

He's been a favorite of mine since the last few games of the 2000 season, where a LOT of guys were not into it, just playing out the string, and he was about the only one giving max effort, running around like his hair was on fire.

Pats HOF for sure. I'd have no objection to retiring his number. The epite of "Patriot"

mtbykr said:

I actually think they should retire his number NOW!

Make him the first player to have his number retired before he retires.

When Troy retires, I would love to see him take a position on the coaching staff or as some part of the organization. I don't want to ever let him go!!

mtbykr said:

But that means the next stud WR we get will be stuck with a most UNTIGHT number (16, 18, etc.)

Football HOF

I think Troy Brown epitomizes what the Patriots are all about. He (with Kevin Faulk a runnerup) symbolizes the reason for the Pats success. He does whatever is asked of him, whenever it's asked, and invariably whatever he does, he does well. If selflessness and team spirit were considered as important as statistics, Troy would be a shoo-in for the football hall of fame. After all, many teams have had more "talent," but few have had players as versatile and selfless as Troy Brown. In that way, he's played as important a role as anyone to the sucess of the Pats.

Re: Football HOF

Patters said:
I think Troy Brown epitomizes what the Patriots are all about. He (with Kevin Faulk a runnerup) symbolizes the reason for the Pats success.

Good call with KF, Patters. He does so much with/for so little fanfare. With CD and LM taking much of the spotlight Kevin just goes along doing his jobs and doing them well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back