PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdhprime

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Through all the talk of Deion and his contract situation, I think Brown's performance and what he means to the team has been pushed to the side. Last night (I know it was only preseason) Troy looked great. Ran some great routes, got open down the field and made some (from my perspective) not so easy catches. This guy just doesn't quit and I think Patriots fans should be thrilled that he is till on the team. Not only can he perform but he is a leader and a teacher. I seriously hope that when retirement time comes, he becomes a coach. He seems to be a perfect candidate since he has the expertise and the right attitude.

mdhprime said:
Through all the talk of Deion and his contract situation, I think Brown's performance and what he means to the team has been pushed to the side. Last night (I know it was only preseason) Troy looked great. Ran some great routes, got open down the field and made some (from my perspective) not so easy catches. This guy just doesn't quit and I think Patriots fans should be thrilled that he is till on the team. Not only can he perform but he is a leader and a teacher. I seriously hope that when retirement time comes, he becomes a coach. He seems to be a perfect candidate since he has the expertise and the right attitude.

Other players have been able to defy age,I could EASILY see Troy Bringing in 50 Balls this year.600-800 Yards and 5 Td's.Any Takers?The guy is still a class act..

I agree, not only is he great on the field at his age he is what every up and commer should strive to be like

Patriots4Ever said:
Other players have been able to defy age,I could EASILY see Troy Bringing in 50 Balls this year.600-800 Yards and 5 Td's.Any Takers?The guy is still a class act..

Only if he doesn't have to play DB again and I don't think we can count on that given how injury plagued our backfield has been.

Troy is great! I was so glad the Pats did the right thing and brought him back early this year instead of making him sweat it out like last year. The guy is money. I hope he has a great year! He seems less injury riddled this year (at least so far!).

Troy will be an adequate starter early in the year, and should be a solid bet for 2-3 tough catches a game. I think his playing time will dip when Jackson works his way into the roation, but Brown should still come out with 30-40 catches, 50 if Branch holds out until week 10.

As long as we have someone decent starting opposite Brown, I feel fine.

I am all about Troy Brown starting.

Until i came across this thread, it seems like nobody on here would consider him a potential starter.

Who cares how old he is?

As long as he can play the way he has been and obviously not get injured, age doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Troy Brown and loved watching him play CB.

But please have a reality check. He is way slow at this point in his career and will not be getting YAC. Yes, he can make a big play here or there and is smart enough to get open, but his age is a huge factor in his speed and endurance. It would not take many hits to slow him up even further.

I love Troy but we NEED a #1 WR stud, and we don't have one.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:

But please have a reality check. He is way slow at this point in his career and will not be getting YAC. Yes, he can make a big play here or there and is smart enough to get open, but his age is a huge factor in his speed and endurance. It would not take many hits to slow him up even further.

He is slow, no doubt, but he always was compared with top flight receivers. He just knows how to get open, so much so that the other team had to hold onto his shirt in the endzone last night (on the called-back interception) to keep him from scoring. We do need a top flight receiver badly. If nothing else, it is a waste of Brady's talent not to have one.

Brown continues to prove that he's a hard-core Patriots-type player. He continues to ge open, especially in the middle, and rarely drops Brady's passes. I did notice Brady chewing him out on an incomplete that looked like Brown ran the pattern too deep, but that's a rarity for Brown.

Love his hard-nosed play and love of the game. Keep him and start him. We'll get our deep threat when the cuts come around.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:

With the depth at TE and the potential for Ben Watson to play just about any receiver position up and down the line, I believe there is no need for a #1 WR.

I was going to start a similar thread, with the idea that Brown is capable of being a good enough starter at WR. Sure he's lost a step, but he knows how to get open just as well as Branch used to when he was on the Patriots. I don't worry about Brown's RAC either. If he gets open for 9-yard catches on 3rd and 7 --- and he is one of the all-time greats at doing exactly that --- then we will be just fine.

I hope he has performance bonuses in his salary, because he may reach them all this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes