PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown will play

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way you want him active? Why, you think he's a liability? Like old slow Tedy and ancient Jr? Lots of guys have lost a step playing for this team. They compensate with speed between their ears.

Bill will fill the 45 with the guys he thinks give us the best chance to win against this team. I hope Troy is one of them. If not, so be it.

I was at the Dolphins game when Troy was active. Great moment, I loved it. But he looked very rusty and was a liability on a few occasions. If BB decides to go 6 WR and it's CJax or Troy, sure, I say Troy. But I think they only need 5 wide in this game.

"BINGO.. I've got BINGO!" Classic.. I had totally forgotten about that haha.. thanks for the reminder definitely made me chuckle..

Troy is a deep-bench backup for a whole lot of different positions -- Welker's, Faulk's on some plays (e.g., when Welker and Faulk are both receivers), CB.

However, after his lack of work this year, that's all he is right now.

PLease bring back Troy for one more game. I think his physical skills are not a liability for this team.

Now that i think about it I am breaking out my only authentic Jersey bought from the Patriots Pro Shop, #80, for this game in his honor, the other 4 i got on e-bay for 40 bucks....:)

I want the best team fielded for the SB and I feel more than comfortable in saying #80 should be there....

Troy will come in in the 4th quarter to catch Brady's 5th TD pass.

I was at the Dolphins game when Troy was active. Great moment, I loved it. But he looked very rusty and was a liability on a few occasions. If BB decides to go 6 WR and it's CJax or Troy, sure, I say Troy. But I think they only need 5 wide in this game.

Sometimes players are rusty when they haven't seen game action due to rehabbing an injury for several months... If he is more versatile than the other option at 45, unless there is a specific need, I hope he gets the nod for that versatility. He can still return punts, and I'd rather see him do that than Wes early on for safety sake. Otherwise, we could need him in the slot. Ditto if we're playing a lot of 6 DB's later on and someone gets hurt, it'd be nice to have Troy in reserve.

I have a feeling he will be active unless someone gets dinged this week dictating we need the depth elsewhere.

Last edited:
i'm going to the game and i'll be wearing my troy brown jersey! hope he gets into some plays, would love to see a td! hope to see other fans sporting the #80 jersey

Hahaha! I had totally forgotten about that "Bingo!" commercial. Anyone have a link to that video? I would LOVE to see it again.
Wasn't it a commercial for United Way or something?

I love Troy but no way I want him active for this game. BB gave him his proper swan song in the Dolphins game and that, as they say, is the name of dat tune.

God I'm so tired of hearing this "OMG HE'S SO OLD"
How's that working out for Bruschi, Seau and Harrison?

Troy Brown wouldn't be on the roster if he couldn't play. He'll be active and he will see at least some time. Count on it.

Hobbs was talking about Troy being activated for the Jags game when he said he was depth @DB. If I remember right wasn't Hobbs not @ 100%.

God I'm so tired of hearing this "OMG HE'S SO OLD"
How's that working out for Bruschi, Seau and Harrison?

Troy Brown wouldn't be on the roster if he couldn't play. He'll be active and he will see at least some time. Count on it.

Where did I say he is old? I didn't. My point was BB gave him his last moment swan song at Foxboro. And that's that.

He was rusty in his first action and didn't look good.

Maybe you all feel good about taking a chance on putting Troy out there and hoping he shakes the rust off, but frankly, the risk is not worth the reward.

Ask the Colts how they felt about playing a rusty Marvin Harrison in the playoffs.

I'd rather the Pats activate a player who has been active & playing all year when they try to go 19-0. Not the sentimental favorite.

Hahaha! I had totally forgotten about that "Bingo!" commercial. Anyone have a link to that video? I would LOVE to see it again.
Wasn't it a commercial for United Way or something?

I loved that ad. But the one I was referring to was at city Hall plaza after the parade when he got up to the mic and said it. Priceless!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down