PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown to play special teams + CB this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What do you think? WR looks way crowded. Seems to me TB makes a great special teamer / kick returner, and perhaps a regular CB. Also backup WR in case someone gets injured.

That is exactly what I was thinking. That, when he becomes healthy, Troy will be the reserve CB/WR/Special teamer he's been previously...

What do you think? WR looks way crowded. Seems to me TB makes a great special teamer / kick returner, and perhaps a regular CB. Also backup WR in case someone gets injured.

Also backup Punt Returner... in some ways it is sad but if he does come back and play this type of role it really shows how selfless he is.

Did Belichick ever say he had a role ON the team or WITH the team. Perhaps when he said he would be back he meant as a position coach. At this point I just don't see anywhere to put him on the field. He's said he isn't interested in playing CB anymore and he isn't an adequate punt returner anymore.

I say he's back. He'll do whatever, but his biggest role............ mentoring Randy Moss and helping him find his way {ala Chris Carter).

Did you hear Moss gush over him. I didn't read it as BS either. I think he has tremendous respect for him Troy. BB knows this and if he's smart (is there any doubt), will take advantage of it. Troy will be the balm that could help sooth Randy's tortured soul :cool:

Congradulations Troy, your coaching career just started ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down