PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown take on Guyton vs. Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Troy brown was on comcast sport tonight and it was shocking to get his opinion on seau signing and how guyton has struggled playing the ILB.
This ofcouse is a complete opposite to what we as fans think on this website.we just blame sanders.:D

Brown said guyton natural position is 4-3 OLB and he is struggling a bunch
playing ILB.His reads are not fast and he is getting sealed by gaurds easily and is out of position giving up quiet a few backside plays.

He said seau signing will help as seau has the instints to play Inside and move guyton to outside in 4-3 and to subpackages.
contrasting views.He thinks seau is more than depth till mayo returns.

satz

Last edited:
Re: Troy Brown take on Guyton vs Fans

Troy brown was on comcast sport tonight and it was shocking to get his opinion on seau signing and how guyton has struggled playing the ILB.
This ofcouse is a complete opposite to what we as fans think on this website.we just blame sanders.:D

Brown said guyton natural position is 4-3 OLB and he is struggling a bunch
playing ILB.His reads are not fast and he is getting sealed by gaurds easily and is out of position giving up quiet a few backside plays.

He said seau signing will help as seau has the instints to play Inside and move guyton to outside in 4-3 and to subpackages.
contrasting views.He thinks seau is more than depth till mayo returns.

satz

What does he know...he's short!

I said he was getting washed out on plays like the 50 yarder that Rice had.

Everyone else wants to just drink kool-aid I guess.

He is good at pass covering, I'll definitely give him that.

Meh, this guy's a bum. :D

He hasn't missed a play since Mayo was hurt. He can't be doing that bad.

Guyton's doing a great job, he's just not built for the position he is currently manning full-time. I'm glad he's in there. Doing a very good job and he's going to be beastly when he gets back to OLB. These reps have been worth a hundred training camps to his playing level.

Guyton's doing a great job, he's just not built for the position he is currently manning full-time. I'm glad he's in there. Doing a very good job and he's going to be beastly when he gets back to OLB. These reps have been worth a hundred training camps to his playing level.

Agree, especially since they've been winning during this apprenticeship (of sorts).

Can we start blaming James Sanders soon!

Stop dissing the colonel guys. He's a good LB whiff clean-up guy and his secret recipe is above reproach!

I said he was getting washed out on plays like the 50 yarder that Rice had.

Everyone else wants to just drink kool-aid I guess.

He is good at pass covering, I'll definitely give him that.

He's playing a position that he's not meant for in the 4-3 and doing it to the best of his abilities because he has to. It's not the best, but it's worked. Troy should know a lot about that. What Guyton is doing is the very definition of what BB has said since he joined this team: "Do your job".

Stop dissing the colonel guys. He's a good LB whiff clean-up guy and his secret recipe is above reproach!

Your neighbors do love them some "PFK".

Just shows you how stupid players and coaches are, all they do is spend 18 hours a day studying this stuff. With just 1-2 hours a week many of us good run their entire organization, specifically the draft.

Your neighbors do love them some "PFK".

ahaha, I wish it was just them. Bastiches make the whole country print that on the buckets. Don't get me started... Bilingual my ASS.

pkf-kfc.jpg

Last edited:

Just shows you how stupid players and coaches are, all they do is spend 18 hours a day studying this stuff. With just 1-2 hours a week many of us good run their entire organization, specifically the draft.
Hey, I watch NFL Live and Comcast Sports Net. That makes me qualified to second guess BB. All this stuff about what play was called and who has what responsibility is too much work and for what? Whoever is closest to the ball carrier was at fault. How hard is that?

So if Troy is right, then we had only one single player that could play ILB on our roster? I mean if there were another on the roster then that person would presumably be playing in place of a terrible Guyton, right? That can't be right.

Nobody mentions the two holds (obviously uncalled) that sprung that 50 yd run.

Hey, I watch NFL Live and Comcast Sports Net. That makes me qualified to second guess BB. All this stuff about what play was called and who has what responsibility is too much work and for what? Whoever is closest to the ball carrier was at fault. How hard is that?

If you are one of the Raven's experts (fans), it's always the refs fault and a conspiracy by the NFL and Roger.

Cut Guyton and sign Adam Seward...:D

lets not underestimate the fact that he is calling the defensive signals also...which is a big responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes