PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown Says Gillette Bumper Music is Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, because I know you are the professional and I'm just schmucky shmessy :) , but to me, that sounds like a perky Mountain Dew commercial jingle.

Don't get me wrong - - I like it (It's very Cheap Trick/Ramones) and I would definitely buy their music now that I've heard that - - but it isn't "crowd participtable(????)"

Vigorous headbanging is all that's required for "participable" if you ask me. ;) (What's "participable" about "Crazy Train" one might ask.) But it's a foregone conclusion that pleasing 65,000 people -- PLUS teams comprising mostly urban blacks -- with a universally accepted playlist is asking the impossible.

"Crazy Train" truly ran its course years ago as the intro, as has "Welcome to the Jungle." I'm on the fence about some of the AC/DC tunes that get played every game, but still have a real soft spot for "Thunderstruck."

My personal disconnect comes with the music the players supposedly like best -- hip-hop. The stuff just does not move me or make me think/feel "football." But it's important at the NFL level whether I like it or not. Finding stuff with at least a little crossover appeal in both directions is key.

Pictures of Matchstick Men - - the greatest rock song ever, by Status Quo.

However, use the Camper van Beethoven version:

Camper Van Beethoven - Pictures of Matchstick Men (live) - YouTube

The stadium would rock.

Holy Shiite!! I've got dirt in my back yard younger than that tune...I was driving a 56 Chevy and drinking Narragansett G.I.Q.'s illegally when that tune was top ten...thanks for the trip down memory lane..and I DO mean trip...

Oh yeah...and to go along with my Jet Hate meme..this special for Murk Sancrap and the Rats when they take the field...Beat On The Brat

Ramones - Beat on the Brat - YouTube

Last edited:
Holy Shiite!! I've got dirt in my back yard younger than that tune...I was driving a 56 Chevy and drinking Narragansett G.I.Q.'s illegally when that tune was top ten...thanks for the trip down memory lane..and I DO mean trip...

Oh yeah...and to go along with my Jet Hate meme..this special for Murk Sancrap and the Rats when they take the field...Beat On The Brat

Ramones - Beat on the Brat - YouTube

Yeah! we have winner for the SanCheeeze :rocker:

Just play Rammstein from the start of the game until the end. That'll weed out the faint of heart...

Hey Deus...you hit the nail on the head ...Bang ! Bang!...jeezus...that'd tear the end zones apart..after every sack...after every big hit by Spikes or Chung...Bang Bang!

Last edited:
hey Tunes....how about THIS??...good old fashioned Jersey joltage from Zakk...

Black Label Society - Stoned and Drunk - YouTube

on second thought...nah...probably not the clean cut image they're looking for....but it'd make a hella anthem for 4th quarter blowouts Green Beans style....

Heh, I saw BLS just a few weeks ago sandwiched between Judas Priest and Thin Lizzy.

How "Jump around" by house of pain is not part of the pre kick off and after TD music is beyond me.That gets everybody rockin silly.

..and before the Pats come out.The song ac/dc long way to the top if you want to rock n roll. Especialy the screaming bagpipe lick turned up to 10 makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up with adreneline.

and Im 56 years old.:rocker:

They ought to play "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits when the Jets come to Gillette.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

Last edited:
They ought to play "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits when the Jets come to Gillette.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!
Chicks for free. THIS is what the Jests GOT ! :eek::eek::eek: be honest, ...would ya ....hit it? :p

Attachments

• 2uzxuds.jpg
    2uzxuds.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill